Check here for official forum announcements and info.

Hello Welders,

The forum has been given a facelift today which is part of many upcoming changes. I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for participating in the community so far, and also to announce some exciting new stuff. Over the coming weeks, you can expect several functional and user enhancements like:

-Signatures
-Ranks
-Better Searching

All new features and enhancements will be announced here. Thanks again for being a member.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

admin wrote:Hello Welders,

The forum has been given a facelift today ...
The color scheme seems a bit "harsh", but, on the whole, I like it.

Steve S

Otto Nobedder wrote:

Steve S
There are actually multiple options for color schemes available from the options hover menu at the top-right of the forum. Feel free to peruse them if the colors aren't to your liking :D
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

admin wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote:

Steve S
There are actually multiple options for color schemes available from the options hover menu at the top-right of the forum. Feel free to peruse them if the colors aren't to your liking :D
Oh that's even better! I can pick for myself. I'm liking the upgrades more each minute.

As of today, avatars are available for all registered members of the Welding Tips & Tricks Forum. To upload your own personal avatar, navigate to the User Control Panel, select the Profile tab and browse your computer for an avatar of your choice. A few things to keep in mind:

-Use your best judgment when uploading, and make sure your avatar complies with the forum rules and guidelines.
-The file limit is 17 KB, it's possible you may have to compress the file prior to uploading.
-The dimensions of the image have to be between 60 x 60 and 120 x 120 pixels
-This file has to be png, jpg, or gif to work. Animations are not supported.
-This is an optional feature. You are not required to have an avatar in order to use the forum.

As always, thanks so much for participating!

Hello everyone, the Search has been repaired. Next time you're looking for a specific post or thread, plug a few keywords into the Search bar above.

Thanks!

Hello everyone, forum ranks are now live. you'll notice that the user area of each post has a small badge in it that represents your forum rank. These ranks are assigned based on quality and quantity of your posts (more on quality related ranks coming soon). Ranks assigned on post count are as follows:

New Member: 0 posts
Active Member: 25 posts
Workhorse: 50 posts
Guide: 100 posts
Ace: 200 posts
Heavy Hitter: 400 posts
Weldmonger: 500 posts

Feel free to visit this topic: http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... f=2&t=3118 to leave feedback.

As always, thanks so much for being a member! :D

Hey Everyone, just wanted to announce that you can now embed YouTube videos into your posts. Just click the YouTube button that you see above the post box and put the YouTube video's ID in between the tags. The ID is the last 11 or so characters of your YouTube video's URL.
Screen Shot 2013-07-05 at 4.21.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-07-05 at 4.21.23 PM.png (18.24 KiB) Viewed 13236 times

Once you add the ID, just click post and the forum will take care of the rest.

For anyone experiencing issues with "General Error" in the User Control Panel >> Board Preferences >> Edit Posting Defaults, this issue has been fixed. Thanks so much for your patience.

Hey everybody, we just tweaked the fields in the Profile section to be more specific to welding and got rid of some of the antique fields that weren't getting any use.

If you'd like to share your welding experiences, specialties, and interests, the profile is the best place to do it aside from the member introductions section.

Hello everybody, We just recently added automatic image compression to the forum for those of you who like to upload HD photos from your phones. This should make the process quite a bit easier, so go nuts.

Photo compression can be a pretty sensitive thing, so let me know in the Feedback & Support forum if you think it's compromising your original photo too much or if it breaks altogether.

As always, Thanks so much for using the forum and happy holidays

-Joey the Admin

Just wanted to let everyone know that we're testing some new stuff to make things easier on our iphone and android users. If there are any issues let us know in Feedback & Support.

If the issue renders you unable to post, feel free to e-mail forum support at weldforum_team@forumDOTweldingtipsandtricksDOTcom.

For those of you who use the forum extensively from your smart phone or tablet, the forum is now plugged into Tapatalk. Tapatalk is a free app for iOS and Android that makes the process of browsing and posting on forums easier for smart device people. You can plug other forums you use into it as well provided that the admins on those forums have installed it.

Here's how to get started (for first time users):
-Once you download the app, skip the initial login options (facebook, g+, etc.) and go to browse forums
-Search welding, we should be the third result
-Once you select us from the results, you'll see forum posts and topics appear
-In the top right corner (top left corner for android), you'll notice three dots. Touch them and choose login with email (pretty sure it just says log in on Android)
-Punch in your forum login and you're ready to start posting. You can even post pictures using this app and it compresses them automatically according to the photo dimensions you pick.

As always, let me know in the feedback and support forum if there are any issues. I will likely post more detailed instructions in the instructions topic shortly.

Happy holidays everyone!