Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
kblenker#22
    Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Has anyone welded with both these torches? I know Jody has nothing but good things to say about the ck torch but the tec weld torch seems to be a high quality option. I've welded with ck torches and like them but I have zero experience with tec weld. If anyone has used both could you give me some pros and cons of both and your thoughts on them. Thanks
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome!

I'll move this to the TIG forum, where you'll get a better shot at real answers.

Steve S
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I use the WeldTec/Tec Torch water-cooled i-head Roto-head with the 20-series head. Looks to be identical to the CK Flex-loc in terms of function. The only difference is that the water outlet is not the standard 1/8" brass barb, it is larger and meant to be used with WeldTec hoses only. If you have "CK style" super-flex hoses, it might be tough for you to get the hose on the water outlet, as the barb is significantly larger. As for the air-cooled, I have not used that one, but I suppose it takes a standard 17-style 3/8"-24 male fitting from the power/gas hose.