Post your ideas, suggestions and support issues here.
    Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:37 pm

I just found today on welding Web
If get over 200 dislikes you are automatically put moderated.
Ever time did post I get a dislike what ever I was posting.
If will help you to understand they white s*#$ and I would point out there flaws.

So web site can black ball even your doing nothing wrong.
So on weldingweb look out

Dave
Last edited by smithdoor on Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I'd "blackball" you too if your posts are that intelligible. FFS, grammar... I have no idea what you wrote. Is there a roadmap with that?

It warning
I can not help you with post it is very clear.

If a small group want you off weldingweb group all need to do is give you over 200 dislikes.

Any one that think ok is not a American.

Dave
cj737 wrote:I'd "blackball" you too if your posts are that intelligible. FFS, grammar... I have no idea what you wrote. Is there a roadmap with that?
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

cj737 wrote:I'd "blackball" you too if your posts are that intelligible. FFS, grammar... I have no idea what you wrote. Is there a roadmap with that?
That's actually one of his more understandable posts, believe it or not... :roll:

While his posts are not often understandable, I don't think it's right for someone to be black listed for dislikes. I stand up for everyone's rights, no matter if I believe in them or not. But I don't run or moderate WeldingWeb either. I'm more likely to walk away than fight. :D
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

TraditionalToolworks wrote:
That's actually one of his more understandable posts, believe it or not... :roll:

While his posts are not often understandable, I don't think it's right for someone to be black listed for dislikes. I stand up for everyone's rights, no matter if I believe in them or not. But I don't run or moderate WeldingWeb either. I'm more likely to walk away than fight. :D
Well, I don’t participate on that forum so I can’t say. But if there’s a means to “dislike” a post because of its content, and if there are successive posts that are deemed offensive, inappropriate, or in poor taste (not asserting this is the case) then its pragmatic to sever that User from the forum. Probably somewhere in the rules or conduct guidelines.

Forums are operated for a purpose with voluntary participation. Nobody has a “right” to assured participation if they can’t abide.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

You didn't post up 200 bad welds in a row did you? :?
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
TraditionalToolworks

Coldman wrote:You didn't post up 200 bad welds in a row did you? :?
:lol:

I know more about this than I'm letting on to, but I will say that it wasn't me that was disliking his posts.

This had more to do with the Political section on WeldingWeb, that's pretty much where Dave got his dislikes. Let that be a lesson to all you folks, Politics is a b!T@$... :lol:

I'm going to send MinnesotaDave a PM over on WeldingWeb as it's really not right that someone could get blacklisted from so many dislikes in the Political forum. My $0.02.

I just sent MinnesotaDave a PM, I can't believe I actually stood up for smithdoor... :oops:
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
v5cvbb
    Fri May 01, 2020 11:35 pm

Good for you Alan. I guess, because I know nothing of the other site. I was on a motorcycle site that had a system where a post could get likes, but I don't recall negative feedback there.

This group people first started in Political thread because dislike what said Next thing ever where I posted one more would give a dislike. Even if I said "looks great "the dislike would show up.
Up untill starting posting in the Political I only received likes.

Dave
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Nothing good EVER comes out of political threads, EVER. Perplexed as to why some choose to participate in such non-sense. While politics may be important in real-life, on forums it's literally useless. IMO

I agree with your statement

Dave
Oscar wrote:Nothing good EVER comes out of political threads, EVER. Perplexed as to why some choose to participate in such non-sense. While politics may be important in real-life, on forums it's literally useless. IMO
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Oscar wrote:Nothing good EVER comes out of political threads, EVER. Perplexed as to why some choose to participate in such non-sense. While politics may be important in real-life, on forums it's literally useless. IMO
Completely agree, I advise people to stay out of there.

There is a little rhyme that goes:
"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

The definition of a political thread...
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
TraditionalToolworks

MinnesotaDave wrote:Completely agree, I advise people to stay out of there.
Confucius say, "White Chicken cluck no more Orange...hard lesson learned" :lol:
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

The thread on weldingweb (Political Thread 2017) is not moderated .
If read some of post is not good.
It seems this weldingweb thread is controlled by a few that need to be Moderator .

If I was weldingweb owner's I would be worry that the news would read the thread.
With the way things are today I would remove the thread so no sees thread

Dave

Where is the moderate for the political thread on weldingweb.
My opinion from being a moderate on other groups that political thread needs moderated.

FYI on lighter side I just tested for Covid-19 and pass aka (do NOT have covid-19 :D ).

I till everyone to wear a mask and glass out side of home.

Dave

MinnesotaDave wrote:

There is a little rhyme that goes:
"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

The definition of a political thread...
Coldman

You are airing your grievances about politics in the other place. Can't you leave it there? It's boring. Talk about welding related topics here, that's what this forum is about.

It is NOT a grievances about politics
This a warring on that site so others do not have this happen.

Please read my other post on sitesight that I haveover 1,000 times over years with likes and no dislike till one thread.

I am sorry if sounds like grievance.
Dave

FYI after finding right email I can post again and they are looking to into what happened.
Coldman wrote:You are airing your grievances about politics in the other place. Can't you leave it there? It's boring. Talk about welding related topics here, that's what this forum is about.
Coldman

You're still at it. You're not getting it. We're not interested about other forums here. We don't go for all that bs. We don't need your "warnings".
Wanna talk about welding related topics take a seat.
Wanna talk about what goes on in other sites take walk.
Starting to see why you got booted.
TraditionalToolworks

Coldman wrote:You're still at it. You're not getting it. We're not interested about other forums here. We don't go for all that bs. We don't need your "warnings".
Well said. smithdoor ^^^^^^this^^^^^^
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

1) if do not like this why are two of you read this thread.
2) You both on the weldingweb too.
3) read this thread (weldingweb is working on the problem).
4) this thread is warring so others do not fall victim to auto black balling.
5) this only post I done of this, only help others do not fall into same trap.
6) if you check all my threads on both sites you would find it all are on welding except one.

Dave
TraditionalToolworks wrote:
Coldman wrote:You're still at it. You're not getting it. We're not interested about other forums here. We don't go for all that bs. We don't need your "warnings".
Well said. smithdoor ^^^^^^this^^^^^^
TraditionalToolworks

smithdoor,

I will quote the pertinent information from Coldman's response to you, nobody cares what goes on there on WeldingWeb or how your feelings were hurt, over here on WTAT. Can't get more clear than this.
Coldman wrote:Wanna talk about welding related topics take a seat.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

This is a update

WeldingWeb is hard at work fixing blackball
Three cheers to Weldingweb working on father's day.
Now I hope we all can back to welding and not worry about a few

Happy father's day
Dave
CAVEMANN
    Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:03 am

Dave I was one that disliked a number of your replies, that said , had I known it would get you blackballed I would not have done it. Now, the majority of yor posts wer not legible nor did they deal with the subject matter you were replying to. I am happy that you have gotten back in & hope they change that setting, it's something that a number of members there had asked for, but I don't think anyone there knew about blackballing.
Jeff
TraditionalToolworks

MinnesotaDave wrote:
CAVEMANN wrote:Dave I was one that disliked a number of your replies, that said , had I known it would get you blackballed I would not have done it.
But the thing is, even MinnesotaDave advises people to stay out of there, and if he tells you to stay out of there not sure who else you could turn to for advice... :lol:

It was no fault of anyone other than smithdoor, at one point he thought people who were giving him dislikes were giving him likes. He keeps blaming his phone, blaming a small keyboard, blaming autocorrect, but the fact is that incoherent messages continue to come from his user account, both here and over on WeldingWeb. The very first response from a user here on WTAT was that his message was unintelligible and if there was a road map to understand what he wrote. This is from a person that doesn't even use WeldingWeb.

IMO, either he figures out how to fix it or he will continue to get dislikes, maybe more now that ever if people understand they can get rid of him by giving him dislikes.

Funny as it is, I walked away from the Political forum on my own, even before I read Minnesota Dave's advice. ;)
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

Use phone is not best
I purchased to small phone it only 4 years next will bigger for my fingers.

I think to mush until one on site would follow all post and what was dislike.

They still working on it
I do not think even weldingweb would havebe leave a group would do that.
They are look all the ones the did the dislike

Thanks for post
Dave
PS
I got hospital yesterday
Today lots pain
CAVEMANN wrote:Dave I was one that disliked a number of your replies, that said , had I known it would get you blackballed I would not have done it. Now, the majority of yor posts wer not legible nor did they deal with the subject matter you were replying to. I am happy that you have gotten back in & hope they change that setting, it's something that a number of members there had asked for, but I don't think anyone there knew about blackballing.
Jeff