Post your ideas, suggestions and support issues here.
Spweld
    Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:24 pm

I watched the video of The aluminum bike TIG welding and you started talking about the advanced settings and Mike mentioned he can change the waveform individually on the EN and EP. How can I do that on my 350 dynasty? Or does the 350 need an expansion card for that like the 280?
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Spweld

I'm sorry I guess you don't understand my question Mike stated that you could put on the EN side a tri-wave setting and have a advanced Wave on the EP but that is not possible yes you can change your waveform but you cannot individually change your waveform as he indicated in the video. This is why I'm asking how did he do it?
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I could have sworn that the separate waveforms are only for the 210/280/400/800, not the 350.
Spweld

Thanks for the quick response. In the video he described using the Miller dynasty 280 with the expansion card. He did not mention any other machine.So you're telling me these machines that you're displaying have that capability?

Spweld wrote:Thanks for the quick response. In the video he described using the Miller dynasty 280 with the expansion card. He did not mention any other machine.So you're telling me these machines that you're displaying have that capability?
Yup, if it's the video I'm thinking about, Jody specifically says it's the 280, because it's what Mike Z uses. The machines have the capability as an upgrade. $575 will get you that upgrade. AFAIK, the 350 is not upgradeable to separate waveforms on the two polarities, just amplitude adjustments.
Spweld

Thank you for the clarification. That's a bummer the 350 doesn't have that option. I was told the 400 has it. I'd like to know how much of a difference there is by changing the waveform on the polarity sides? Hopefully that will be answered and another video.

I would say it's more application-specific. Even then, with the independent amplitude adjustment you have on your 350, together with balance, I'm sure you can still tackle anything and everything.
Spweld

Thank you Oscar,
This is true. I weld beer cans together with my 350. I was just curious and always willing to learn more about advanced settings. I do have one more question that maybe you could answer? On the Everlast set on 30%balance what is that on a dynasty?
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

70% on your Dynasty.

The 350 being a slightly older model does not have the same software features available as the newer 400. The 280 is also probably a newer generation to your unit as well.

As for the merits of the independent waveforms, Mike Z experimented to discover a different result than what is normally assumed. Is that adjustment necessary to achieve the welds he and others in his profession accomplish? Nope. It just offers his some flexibility in how he approaches welding thin aluminum tubing (where the oxide layer is the tricky bit) and control the heat/distortion caused by the welding process.

You can also watch some videos of Aaron @6061.com. The work he does is entirely with a 350 and a 1/8” tungsten (regardless of amperage and thickness). That guy could weld a fart to a rainbow in a hurricane...

Spweld wrote:Thank you Oscar,
This is true. I weld beer cans together with my 350. I was just curious and always willing to learn more about advanced settings. I do have one more question that maybe you could answer? On the Everlast set on 30%balance what is that on a dynasty?
You're asking the wrong person, I only run Italian machines. ;)

But AFAIK, everlast's balance is adjusting %EP, and Miller's are %EN. Since balance is always additive to 100%, 30% EP ≡ 70% EN.
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

FWIW, I got an email from Cyberweld this morning and it seems the Synchrowave line is changing from transformer to inverter, it's not entirely clear, but the email claimed that the new Synchrowave 400 was much lighter due to the inverter technology being used, price was right around $6k on sale.

---------------------------------From Cyberweld email--------------------------------
New! Lighter 400 amp AC/DC TIG Welder

MILLER SYNCROWAVE 400 TIG Welder 907783

Capable of AC and DC pulsed TIG welding, the Syncrowave 400's inverter design makes this welder much lighter and more energy efficient than its predecessor, the Syncrowave 350 LX. Miller's Auto-Link® automatic input voltage sensing allows the Syncrowave 400 DX to be hooked up to 208 volt to 480 volt, single phase or three phase, input power without manual linking. The advanced AC squarewave allows for adjustable maximum cleaning or maximum penetration while AC welding on aluminum.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

TraditionalToolworks wrote:FWIW, I got an email from Cyberweld this morning and it seems the Synchrowave line is changing from transformer to inverter, it's not entirely clear, but the email claimed that the new Synchrowave 400 was much lighter due to the inverter technology being used, price was right around $6k on sale.

---------------------------------From Cyberweld email--------------------------------
New! Lighter 400 amp AC/DC TIG Welder

MILLER SYNCROWAVE 400 TIG Welder 907783

Capable of AC and DC pulsed TIG welding, the Syncrowave 400's inverter design makes this welder much lighter and more energy efficient than its predecessor, the Syncrowave 350 LX. Miller's Auto-Link® automatic input voltage sensing allows the Syncrowave 400 DX to be hooked up to 208 volt to 480 volt, single phase or three phase, input power without manual linking. The advanced AC squarewave allows for adjustable maximum cleaning or maximum penetration while AC welding on aluminum.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, neither of those machines will have the independent amplitude ajustment, let alone different waveshaps on the two polarities.