Post your ideas, suggestions and support issues here.
UniqueTouch
    Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:27 pm

Hey guys hoping you guys can help me. I bought this machine brand new still in the box from someone who bought it and got a lincoln square wave tig 200 for free which that was the only welder he wanted so he figured hed get it for free once he sold the rangergxt250. I have been using it here and there. it has 85 hours. Runs beautifully. I have a cover for it but unfortunately lincoln makes garbage covers which arent water proof. we have gotten a ton of snow and extremely cold weather. I finally got a chance to do some welding and I plugged my tig welder in the 220 plug on the welder. started welding and I look up and i see and smell melted something. Smelled like melted electrical tape. I turned it off immediately and jumped up and let the smoke air out. I look inside at where the copper coil is which has electric tape or something wrapped around it which seem like that melted. Im not sure if the moisture in there built up to ice and something got pushed down on it. I really dont know what to do. I ask lincoln how much time is left on warranty and they say it was over 2 months ago. Asked if I had receipt which i explained and they said we cant help you bc you dont have the receipt so you would have to go by the warranty date. He says its 3 years old. I said I know but it was just taken out of box and fuel and battery hooked up not too long ago. I said so your welders are only good for 3 years? he didnt give a shit. A real scum bag to be honest. ANyone ever have issue like this? I called local welding store but they are closed uptil tomorrow.
UniqueTouch
    Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:27 pm

Okay update....... I have used the gxt250 to plug my tig welder in the 220 plug so I could get full amperage of the tig welder. I usually put the welder on AC when I use the auxiliary power. I have never had an issue. Started and ran beautiful and operated good. This time I had it on DC+ on the 250 max setting. I didnt realize it. I meant to turn the fine dial to 10 like they say but I am thinking that is where I went wrong. The lugs that go on the ground and electrode studs melted and stuck to the front cover. Anyone have an thoughts? also when you guys use the the welder as a generator what settings do you do on the machine? thank you