Post your ideas, suggestions and support issues here.
Colt45GTO
    Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:42 pm

i noticed this a couple of times, and just now when i wrote a reply to the tapatalk thread.

there are certain words that come up as links and when you hover the curser over its a link to winning an iphone. whats that about?

here you go... install thats one.and another on the line above.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

That particular marketing method has ended my visits to two favorite science sites. It's an automatic "click", that scores hits for the advertiser and pays the site, but is extremely annoying for the user.

Steve S
Colt45GTO

its not particularly annoying i was curious. i know these forums don't really cost anything to run, but if you can earn a little from then than great :)

Dave

The silence on your "tapatalk" topic tells me what I already suspected...

This site has very few users who access from smartphones and other mobile devices. That will change, as we are having a growth spurt, but welding is not an extremely mobile task... Even mobile welding requires thousands of dollars in equipment and a base of operation, so most of us still use desktop- and laptop-computers for our marketing, books, and communication.

Input on mobile access will be valuable, though, as membership grows and the smartphone revolution continues.

Steve S
Colt45GTO

pssst... steve.... wrong thread lol

Colt45GTO wrote:pssst... steve.... wrong thread lol
:D

They're closely enough related, I don't see me moving the post, but different enough not to merge the topics...

Decisions, decisions...

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice," from a song by RUSH.

Steve S
Colt45GTO

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CCFD170
    Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:The silence on your "tapatalk" topic tells me what I already suspected...

This site has very few users who access from smartphones and other mobile devices. That will change, as we are having a growth spurt, but welding is not an extremely mobile task... Even mobile welding requires thousands of dollars in equipment and a base of operation, so most of us still use desktop- and laptop-computers for our marketing, books, and communication.

Input on mobile access will be valuable, though, as membership grows and the smartphone revolution continues.

Steve S
Hey thanks for the reply even if it was in the wrong thread! LOL!!
Colt45GTO

oh hum! this isn't on the site, this is something in my pc. i need to find this and get rid of it.