Post your ideas, suggestions and support issues here.
halojumper
    Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:42 pm

I'm finding the Search function almost useless on this forum

welding table
table
cooler
torch cooler

etc...

with quote, without quotes....

all come back with a message saying they are too common

and I was searching in thread titles only

these are some "meat & potatoes" subjects that a lot of people are interested in, particularly if they're "new"

if these words are too common, maybe it's with good reason? people want to know and ask questions!

maybe modify the settings to allow x number of hits????, it's much better than "sorry, that's not the secret word of the day, try again" (~)
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Not the first time this has come up. The search function has some sort of bug in the code. I'll remind the admins.

Steve S
BDoubleU

Thanks for the feedback - this is on the work list :D
weldfusion.com
Citroën
    Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Until the search function works, you can use google to search the site this way: welding table site:http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com
Migatronic Automig 233 MPS
Migatronic Sigma² 400 Pulse CW
Migatronic Pilot 2400 HP
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

hey,

thanks for the tip,

mick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Now, there's a clever fellow!

I was not aware you could direct google to search a particular site. I'll file that away for future reference and possible abuse. :o

Steve S

halojumper wrote:I'm finding the Search function almost useless on this forum

welding table
table
cooler
torch cooler

etc...

with quote, without quotes....

all come back with a message saying they are too common

and I was searching in thread titles only

these are some "meat & potatoes" subjects that a lot of people are interested in, particularly if they're "new"

if these words are too common, maybe it's with good reason? people want to know and ask questions!

maybe modify the settings to allow x number of hits????, it's much better than "sorry, that's not the secret word of the day, try again" (~)
It works much better now. Give it a shot next time you're trying to find a particular post. Feel free reply here if there are any more issues with it or if certain keywords don't render results (it's kind of a work in progress :D ).