Post your ideas, suggestions and support issues here.
    Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:55 am

More than a month since I joined the forum, I noticed that I haven't seen any Avatar from any members posting replies. I am just curious here, is it a no no here in the forum that it has not been given some sort of attention for easy identification of the members' username ? Like I said, I am just curious nor pushing for it if its a rule here. If it is then just have to go along with it and simply enjoy the forum. :)

Anyway I'm not really sure if this is the right forum to post this question since I have not seen in the index page for a sort of general shop discussion not related to welding. If this post need to be moved somewhere else by the moderators, its fine with me. ;)

Thanks a lot,

Robert
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Hey, Robert,

I've been here quite a while, and Avatars never occurred to me, nor has the question been brought up before. There's no rule on it, it's just never been an issue.

Since any action would be on the Admins, this is the perfect place for the question.

It's on the Admins, because I doubt the forum code is set up to support avatars, and a new subroutine would be in order to make it happen.

Steve S

Ok Steve, thanks for the reply and clarification !! ;) :)
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Hey, Robert,

I just had a look at the user control panel, and the signature line does support [img] code, so you could probably create an avatar or add a picture there. It would likely have to be hosted elsewhere, like tinypic or photobucket, unless you can pull [img] code from something you post here as an attachment. I might have to play with that and see what happens.

Steve S

Yes Steve, thanks and that is great, perhaps most members would love to include too an avatar beside or above their usernames. :D :D
I guess this will be a very nice addition or improvement for all the members, I'd love to add mine but I'd rather give the honors for the admins do the lead and we will just I suppose follow. ;) 8-)