Post your ideas, suggestions and support issues here.
nathan
    Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:20 pm

How's about making a product review section where we can review and talk about different products? Just an idea. I'm not sure what all goes into making something like that on a website, so if it's impractical or dumb, don't do it lol
Instagram: @nathanppiatt

Owner/welder at Homegrown Metal Fab

Lincoln Weld-Pak 125 HD
Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
Lincoln Port-a-torch
30" 40 ton homegrown press brake
Northern Industrial1HP 3/4" chuck, 16 speed drill press
ajlskater1
    Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:32 am

I think that's is a cool idea. It would be cool to see what others use, because a lot of the time we use what we know, not necessarily what's best.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Since Jody does occasional product reviews in his videos, perhaps it should appear between "video discussion" and "wish list", and Jody could post links to product review videos on the topic?

The idea has merit.

On the other hand, perhaps each process' sub-forum should have a "product review" topic, maybe pinned? So a person looking for a MIG review finds it under his particular heading?

It's worth some discussion. Don't expect a rapid response, though... I know the admins are still working through bugs generated by the recent upgrades.

Steve S
ajlskater1

I think it would be good in the particular processes areas. Because each process has specific products. If someone wanted to see what other tig gloves are out there it would be easier to just go to the tig section.

How, then, to review a multi-process machine?

Multiple posts, one under each process?

Perhaps a product review should be a separate sub-forum, divided into processes, with a multiprocess section?

Getting complicated...

Maybe a simple subdivision of "general shop talk" with a "what equipment do you like/hate" area, to keep it simple?

Steve S

Just thinking out loud, and wanting to hear ideas...
ajlskater1

I like the sub division idea that would make of easiest for users to find yge products and reviews they want but probly very difficult to do. The forum under general shop talk would be a good way to test it out. If its popular and gets pa led than maybe go to the sub division idea.

Otto Nobedder wrote:Since Jody does occasional product reviews in his videos, perhaps it should appear between "video discussion" and "wish list", and Jody could post links to product review videos on the topic?

The idea has merit.

On the other hand, perhaps each process' sub-forum should have a "product review" topic, maybe pinned? So a person looking for a MIG review finds it under his particular heading?

It's worth some discussion. Don't expect a rapid response, though... I know the admins are still working through bugs generated by the recent upgrades.

Steve S
Sounds like a great idea to me. Either of those locations would work. We could also try putting it in the marketplace area as it's own thread. I think seeing it on the front page will make it a little easier to find for our new users.