Post your ideas, suggestions and support issues here.
GWD
    Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

Terrible grammar in the "subject" but, oh well.

Anyway, most forums that I visit have an indicator to show in which threads one has posted. Is there a plan for this feature? It is hard to remember (for me) which discussions that I have joined.

Maybe I'm missing the indicator if one is there. Like a different color on the post count, a little arrow, anything would do.

Thanks. Now that I've worked with the new look a bit it is becoming more navigable. And the spam has thankfully been reduced.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

There most certainty is a feature for that.

Similar click on your username at the top of any of your posts, and it will take to your details, with access to the user control panel. On the detail page, on the lower right hand side, you will see a lot of statistics in percentage . Here there is a menu that says "search user posts" this allows you to look through all of your posts.

Mick
GWD

Hmmm....guess my question wasn't clear. I was aware of how to find a listing of my posts. Let's try again:

For example, when I click on "View new posts" a list of 5 to 10 posts come up. However, those posts do not have an indicator that shows whether I've posted to them.

Such an alert would help with similar subject titles, unclear subjects, or post that have been silent for a while. Other forums (such as WW) seem to be able to accomplish this.

If the software here is unable to make the distinction between subject that I've replied to and those that I have not then I understand. Just asking if this feature may have been overlooked when the new site was constructed.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

After signing in, there's a tab, "View your posts" at the top left, next to "messages", that brings up every topic you've ever posted on, and indicates by color under "replies" which ones have new responses, like the main page, and in order of most recent reply. Are you looking for something else in this feature, like a "view your topics", to bring up only topics you've begun?

Perhaps it should be edited to "View my posts", to be more obvious?

I think I understand what your asking, an indicator in the topic lists that shows whether you've participated in that topic. I'm not sure whether the software will make that possible without some major code work, so we'd have to run that by the admins/webmaster, if the "view your posts" tab doesn't serve well enough.

Steve S
GWD

Otto Nobedder wrote:
I think I understand what your asking, an indicator in the topic lists that shows whether you've participated in that topic. I'm not sure whether the software will make that possible without some major code work, so we'd have to run that by the admins/webmaster, if the "view your posts" tab doesn't serve well enough.

Steve S
^^^Well, that's darn close. I am aware how to navigate the current website and the use of the tabs on top. Most of those tabs are specific to my log in name. A cross reference (query) to "View your posts" and "View new posts" would be an indicator for a special mark or identification.

What I'm asking for is an additional feature that indicates that I have a post in one or more of the list of individual topics. The indicator would be attached to the number of replies (or elsewhere). It could be as simple as the number of replies being a different color - this is done with the moderator's name. Just an indicator that would enable me to check the responses to suggestions or advice that are relevant to a post that I have made in that topic. This is especially helpful when using the "View new posts" tab.

Odd that all other forums that I am aware of have this feature.

I'm sure this has never come up before simply because the number of new posts each day is low. With the increasing membership, and increasing activity, along with those who may only participate weekly, I can see value in it.

At the same time, since "view your posts" shows new posts on topics you follow, it may never have occurred to anyone to mark the front-page topic list.

I'll be happy to bring this idea to the attention of the admins, and see where it goes.

Steve S

GWD,

This may do at least part of what you're asking; I haven't tried it. Under "profile", go to the "board preferences" tab, and then chose "Edit posting defaults" from the menu on the left.

The last option is "notify me upon replies by default" . Choose "yes".

I'm not sure whether this only works while you're signed in, or gives you a notification of replies while off-line as soon as you sign in.

I'm going to try it myself, and see what happens.

EDIT:

Skip that. It informs you through e-mail that you've received a reply. Might work for you, but crowds my email.

Steve S
GWD

^^^ Thanks for the suggestion. It appear that one would be "subscribed" to the thread if using that option.

But thank you for continuing to research the matter. :)

GWD wrote:^^^ Thanks for the suggestion. It appear that one would be "subscribed" to the thread if using that option.

But thank you for continuing to research the matter. :)
I think subscribing is the closest. I'll look into some more modifications and see if it's something we can add in a couple hours. This is certainly a valuable feature. As always, thanks for the feedback. :D

I found that using the notify function was actually annoying, as the notifications went to my email. I DO have "notify on reply to PM" activated, and find it handy as I'll often overlook the message count when I sign on.

I agree that it'd be a handy feature to see from the main index if a sub-forum you've posted on has a reply, and then from the sub-forum index to see which topic has a reply.

In lieu of that, I usually will go to "view your posts", which lists every topic I've ever posted on, most recent first, and those with replies will have the "number of replies" indicator in red. If ALL I'm seeking is the replies, this is more efficient than following an indicator on the main page to a subfurum, finding that topic, then backtracking to the main page to check the next sub-forum with a reply indicator.

OTOH, if I want to go read everything new in, say, the TIG subforum, but start with replies to something I've posted on, some sort of marker would be handy, especially as the forum grows more active, as it gradually is.

Steve S