Post your ideas, suggestions and support issues here.
artv
    Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:22 pm

We (gunsmiths) are still using gas. Many of us have converted over to TIG, but our questions are rather specific to our work. A separate sub-forum would be helpful.

Art
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

don't get me wrong, this ain't a hint~ all the gun fanatics hang at the welding web forum. first come the guns then comes the gun politics and the welding takes a back seat.
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

but that is only my very humble 2 cents.
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

First it's the guns, then it's the artists, next it's the jewelry guys. Pretty soon the welding forum is inundated with everything non welding. another $0.02

Why is it always the first day new guys that want to come in and change everything to their way of thinking?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

No worries...

At our membership size, we have many gun enthusiasts, but only one gunsmith, so far.

Any questions that apply to gunsmithing as it relates to welding will have to fit into existing categories, until such time as we have enough gunsmiths to create a specific category, which at the current rate will be some time.

Sorry, artv, but the interest here will be low. I'll watch this topic, in the event I'm proven wrong.

Steve S
artv
    Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:22 pm

rake wrote: Why is it always the first day new guys that want to come in and change everything to their way of thinking?
We are gunsmiths who fix firearms, we just don't replace parts, therefore we must creatively weld, build-up, and heat treat metals. I thought this might be a place to learn something. Guess not. As a first day "new guy", I don't think I was asking to change everything to my way of thinking. However, since this is the tone of this forum, we understand your contempt.

Art
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Feel free to add any topic to the thread you think it fits, If its tig, projets or what ever. If it doesnt quite fit, bung it in General shop talk.

Mick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

artv,

There was no contempt, implicit or explicit.

There was simply no specific interest in gunsmithing as a topic on it's own.

There's plenty of room for the welding-specific related topics that occur in gunsmithing, and many gun owners here (myself included).

Steve S
MillwrightRWG
    Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:16 am

I would love to see some of your work very interested in the process of welding on a firearm . Welding crosses so many professions it would be hard to cover them all . I think the guys here are sharp so throw your stuff out there I'm sure they can help and i will keep watching for you're posts.

Ryan