Post your ideas, suggestions and support issues here.
    Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:42 pm

Hey guys I maybe asking to much here but as Im waiting to pickup my 210EXT...at the end of the month...Im getting all different answers from diff forums...as to is there some kind of table: to say which rods go with what metals and tungsten to use...Im kind of lost here....as some info is conflicting...any help would be much appreciated.... Can any of you get a table going as to what size rods part # to weld with what metals....am i making any sense here holy crap... :)
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Get that info from the designers. Not end users.
http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/ar ... Selection/

Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

John,

Everybody who produces welding rod has a chart as to what rod to use with what metal and usually a brief description of the benefit of using their particular brand. Most have this info on their website. You'll have to figure out what brand your local welding store stocks and you usually can pick up printed material there also on that brand(s). If you choose to buy this stuff online, then you can find it somewhere on the online stores site.

All that being said, you'll find that unless you're welding exotic metals, you are going to only use a few different rods. If you've read enough of the posts here and watched enough of Jody's videos (which you should if you haven't) you can pick the general concensus on what rods to use on what metal.

If you're not sure you can always ask here and somebody here has welded whatever it is that your trying to weld and knows what works and what doesn't. Everyone has an opinion on certain brands, but you'll have to figure out what you like after you have spent some time on the inside of a welding helmet.

You'll even find that you can use rods to weld things that aren't listed on any chart, for instance using 308 S/S rod to weld mild steel if you don't have any ER70s-2 rod. Again all in due time. Get an idea of what you want to weld most and throw it out here and the folks here can tell you what to buy.

Tungsten is a different story, there are even less choices of type, but many choices of brand. I personally stick with a choice few suppliers when it comes to tungsten because bad tungsten will give you fits and when you're learning you don't even realize it's not you, but it's bad tungsten.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Thanks Len << I have been watching all of Jody's videos and there very helpful
and thanks for the info :)
jwmacawful
    Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm

JohnM109R wrote:Hey guys I maybe asking to much here but as Im waiting to pickup my 210EXT...at the end of the month...Im getting all different answers from diff forums...as to is there some kind of table: to say which rods go with what metals and tungsten to use...Im kind of lost here....as some info is conflicting...any help would be much appreciated.... Can any of you get a table going as to what size rods part # to weld with what metals....am i making any sense here holy crap... :)
john; when i'm looking for exact and precise 411 i go to the source, not a forum. you can't go wrong with the lincoln web-site and in a very tight pinch, miller. if that should fail very few things on this earth can't be found using a simple google search.