Discussion about tradeschools, techschools, universities and other programs.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I just want to take a minute and discuss my tech schools new system of the welding program in the event another school would be interested. It is being called a "flex-hybrid" program. All the book work is down entirely online. Then anytime after you complete the required book work you come in anytime the shop is open for as long as you wish. You may never even meet the guy grading your welds. It is a great system for people like me in high school. I no longer have to spend 5 hours a day 4 days a week leaving my options open for after school hours. It is also great for those who want to work their butts off. Their are two students who are their 5 days a week almost all day long. Now for the many problems. So far we have had people ruining machines by cutting too thick of metal because no one told them. Another issue is currently they lack fabrication classes which will be back next year. On average out of be 70 or so enrolled about only 8-10 show up Ina given day. This is great for those who go to weld because there is immediate feedback from instructors instead of waiting. For those who don't weld they will be coming ina mad rush at the end of the semester. Another benefit now is that they added certification as a class. I just wanted to share a little about the program and how it's going. I'm sure by the end of this year there will be more information.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick