Discussion about tradeschools, techschools, universities and other programs.
Yun
  • Yun
    Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:53 am

Hey guys,
I am a welder, but welding comes naturally to me, this profession runs along in my family for generations. None of them have any training or certification in their hand; even I don't have one. I don't want to quit welding but would like to become more of an industrial welder than a friendly neighbourhood welder.
To become an industrial welder, I need certifications in par with the industrial standards. I am looking to obtain certificates in welding. I don't have time for a full-time four-year degree, so I went through some AWS, TSSA, CWB and I-CAR welding certification courses in Canada. I don't have a definite sense of which to choose. Could you guys help me find the right certification course which would help me become an industrial welder?
Thanks in advance.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

In your first post you said you were an industrial welder working in aerospace and did not answer a question to your post. What gives?
Where does the link you put in your post take us? Why not list the courses for us to see instead or sending us offsite which frankly I find suspicious given the above conflicting information.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
JustTheDad
    Mon May 18, 2020 11:20 am

If you right click on his link and inspect it you'll see it just goes to some site called Weldtechtraining.com. They've got 24 good reviews on google so probably legit. Also, the google webpage link matches his link's address.
I clicked it after checking.
Todd
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I’m leery of anyone who claims to be a great welder (because it’s genetic). Then claims they need no training but wants me to check out this training site. :o
I have more questions than answers

Josh
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Poland308 wrote:I’m leery of anyone who claims to be a great welder (because it’s genetic). Then claims they need no training but wants me to check out this training site. :o
Josh,

Even more so, maybe you forgot his first post. He's an industrial/aerospace welder for a few months. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15013

I haven't clicked on his link, nor do I plan to, as I'm not looking for any training.

IMO, he sounds like a fairly young kid, and we all need to learn at some point. Kids often overstate things, heck even I do and I don't consider myself to be a kid. I don't want to pick his post apart so I'll leave it at that. :)
Collector of old Iron!

Alan