Discussion about tradeschools, techschools, universities and other programs.
    Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:09 pm

I would like to say I passes the Assessment test guys!!! I also did it with higher scores than needed. Now time to get that interview. And thanks boomer for your advice btw I was gonna stop by today but I thought you did not have class at the time I would have stopped by.
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

Stop by any time! You know where we are. Let me know what is going on!
    Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:53 am

Boomer63,
Read the entire thread and was happy to see such a high level of honesty and professionalism. I am looking for a school right now. I live in Northwest Indiana about 40 min outside Chi Town. I am very courious about your program.
"I am in competition with no one. I have no desire to play the game of being better than anyone. I am simply trying to be better than the person I was yesterday."
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Boomer63 wrote:Hey Steve (otto!)

That kid did come and visit with me. I love to sign people up for my program, as it is new and I am growing it. But he wanted to go in different directions, so I sent him some place else. I gave him what I felt he needed most!

It is amazing how 'tight' this welding industry can be. Someone dropped a name on me yesterday, and I recognized the name, but as near as I can figure it was someone I worked with maybe 20 years ago somewhere far from here. From the description I got, I think it was the same guy ... humm ... still can't figure it out!

Anyway, with the level of guys in your shop on board here, I would imagine that the quality of work coming out of your place is very, very high! Keep up the good work!
Gary (Boomer63)
Thanks, Gary!

Due to the nature of our work, there are no "whip-cracker" supervisors... We have a strong "quality over quantity" theme here, which our new-hires (recent and current students) are thriving on. They are learning all the details school has no time to teach (with no one pushing them to hurry), and enjoying every minute. I never considered myself a teacher (though I'm willing to train), yet I find myself teaching every day, and it is a bit addictive, when I see the light come on. :idea:

Steve S
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

While I love the outcome of this thread, I do have one tidbit to add for those wanting to brush up on their symbols reading. Hobart has an online symbols reading course, work at your own pace deal that will cover the basics, and if memory serves me right it's $89. While I believe you'll get more from a traditional class, as an intro it's good.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Wes917 wrote:While I love the outcome of this thread, I do have one tidbit to add for those wanting to brush up on their symbols reading. Hobart has an online symbols reading course, work at your own pace deal that will cover the basics, and if memory serves me right it's $89. While I believe you'll get more from a traditional class, as an intro it's good.
That's not bad, for an intro. The symbols can seem quite complicated to the uninitiated.

Steve S