Books, articles, websites and other sources of information.
Rhyno21
    Tue May 13, 2014 2:11 pm

What are the best books you ladies and gentlemen have found in a PDF form?
Hot rods and burning matal by day
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Well I'll be the first because I know there will be more. This is not on pdf so sorry but Metals and how to weld them. Again sorry it's not pdf but it is what is.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Rhyno21
    Tue May 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Thank you for just being honest and not sarcastic
Hot rods and burning matal by day
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Another good resource could be if you have a smartphone specifically of the Apple variety. You can go on iBooks and find some free books and reading information there.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:35 pm

Farmwelding wrote:Well I'll be the first because I know there will be more. This is not on pdf so sorry but Metals and how to weld them. Again sorry it's not pdf but it is what is.
It is available as PDF

It is quite old, one of the old editions that is out of copyright is available as PDF
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Any particular process or topic you're looking for? i've encountered a number of references in PDF format on the Lincoln and Miller sites. Somewhere i've got the Miller TIG Handbook squirreled away. Miller took it off their website with a promise to replace it, not sure if they have yet.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Back issues of the AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code are available.

Sometimes what you find is just the first 20 pages of the book, but the entire book is available if you click on a few of them.
It's not exactly fun reading of course, but it's often the material I'm quoting when I respond to questions.

Lincoln has several downloadable welding guides that are very good - I quote from Lincoln as well.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
l8trdude
    Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:52 am

The Internet Archive has lots of welding books for free. Plus plenty of other great material, music, films etc. Also if you have a city library card, an app “Kanopy” allows free downloads of anything at the library. Both books and movies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
l8trdude
    Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:52 am

I just ran across another free pdf book. Even though it’s old, still good basic info.

https://engineeringresources.org/welding-secrets-pdf/