Books, articles, websites and other sources of information.
Madderoftime
    Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:51 am

I have a Linde UCC-305 Power Supply unit I picked up for just under $200 with peddle, cooler, SMAW leads, 17 water cooled torch. I need a manual for it. I am told there are 6 different versions mattering on the serial number so mine is Serial # C-272a470 Schem # D-673695. The unit is pretty basic but a real beast for how it is built. I'm wanting to put it back in service. Looking it over the spark gap is corroded and needs to be cleaned. Other than that it looks fine. Can someone post how to set the spark gap on this? Looks like it was set at about .015 in for top and bottom but that seems wide. Or a PDF of the manual would work. Any other comments on it?
Madderoftime

I contacted ESAB and they sent a manual right away. If anyone needs it as well just contact me and I will gladly send it on or I can suggest using the "contact us" form in the reference area of the ESAB web site.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Welcome to the forum! When i was looking for a welder i looked into one of the big Linde machines too (I worked at a Linde LWS). Glad ESAB took care of you. Is the spark gap the only problem? Keep us posted!
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Madderoftime

Wiring it up today and giving it a try. It has a coolant valve on it that was defeated for some reason. I reverted it back and checked all the contacts and such. Everything looks solid so time for juice! My hope is to use this for doing some heavy aluminum work I have on the docket. 1/2" plate and 4' welds - think I might still put a could hundred degrees preheat in there to make my life easier at least to start. The overall solid is about 4 cubic feet so lots of sink there. We'll see today!
Madderoftime

Wired up and the stick portion works great, AC and DC. The TIG is another story. It welds great but the gas valve never shuts off. Well, actually it does for just part of a second. Then it turns right back on. The timer relay is suspect at this point since defeated it works fine. (but never shuts off) I found another "repair" done that I don't like to see. A bridge rectifier replaced by half bridges or only partially replaced actually. The relay is obsolete but I found a replacement for it. ~$30 with shipping. I could just eliminate the gas control with a hand valve but I don't have one of those setup.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

You can get a # 17 torch with a gas valve for about $25.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Madderoftime

I ordered the valve Crouzet 0A2R1 88-867-215 24 VDC / 24-240 VAC 0.1s - 100h Timer 88867215
Got it for just over $25. I'd like to see if that fixes it. The water valve I see where that is an issue with the design and was disconnected before. It stops flow of water through the torch when you stop welding. I would rather like the previous owner the water kept going to cool the torch down even more.
Lastly I would like to have the gauge package on this so you had a better idea what you were doing. I can get a totally different welder with it for about $500. LOL ~not worth it. Anyone have one for parts?

The torch with a valve I will be looking into. Would be good to have one even as a backup.
beedee
    Tue May 07, 2019 2:09 pm

i have the same problem. The gas will not shut off when ever the MSS is in tig mode. The minute you switch to tig gas flows.
How did you solve the problem?
demolition dan
    Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:04 pm

Hi I have a Linde ucc305 plant but hav,nt a user manual can you please help me.
demolition dan
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Don't know if this will relate but....friend of mine bought a welder out of a tech school and couldn't get it working properly. It was doing some really weird stuff. Mike from one of the forums in here suggested to look for input voltage jumpers and reset them according to the manual.....worked like a charm.