Books, articles, websites and other sources of information.
TheWeldingConnector
    Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:13 pm

Bill Beauregard wrote:This forum will grow as it fills a void. It is a great group poised for greater content. Here, I've always wished more experts would contribute. For his own reasons, Jody is not an active participant here. Nobody will ever accuse this site of being top heavy.
I wonder if some people at Heavy Equipment Forum smelled what was coming, there have been suggestions of a welding sub forum there. Like Welding Web, Heavy equipment forum is mostly amateurs. There are experts, but they are outnumbered by those seeking information. I find HEF to be a great group of people, maybe even more uninformed than Welding Web.
I hope it does. I ended up here when Welding Web went down.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Here's hoping we don't attract too many from WW. They have theirs and we have ours, is what I've heard.
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

Here's hoping we don't attract too many from WW. They have theirs and we have ours, is what I've heard.
Probably not true. There are a lot of people on this board and in this thread who frequent both sites. I think its just a matter of most have been more active on WW than here.
Multimatic 255
HT2-4956
    Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:00 am

Well I found my way over here by searching on "what happened to welding web". Been following the situation by reading on the HEF, Tractor and Miller forums also.

Had signed up on the Miller forum along time ago (at around the time I signed up for Welding Web) but couldn't remember what screen name or password I used. Couldn't start a new account because it said that my email address already had an account associated with it. Tried doing the "forgot password" thing several times but it's not generating and sending me an email like it's suppose to be doing. If any one here knows how to bring that to the attention of the admin (or one of the moderators) over there I'd appreciate it.

Still hoping the situation at Welding Web gets sorted out but in the meantime.......
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

From head moderator Zap
ATTENTION IN THE PITS!
ATTENTION IN THE PITS!

Word is that all Penton websites will be back maybe tomorrow..(Monday)...
Welding web members stay tuned...
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
ljdm1956
    Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:29 pm

Louie1961 wrote:
Probably not true. There are a lot of people on this board and in this thread who frequent both sites. I think its just a matter of most have been more active on WW than here.
Gotta get rid of the theirs/ours, import/american, young/old, etc, etc, mindset, and try and focus on the reason for posting on any of the welding forums -Welding. Plain and simple.
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

ljdm1956 wrote:
Louie1961 wrote:
Gotta get rid of the theirs/ours, import/american, young/old, etc, etc, mindset, and try and focus on the reason for posting on any of the welding forums -Welding. Plain and simple.
I agree! It will never happen; that's just how people are wired. I'm just glad we don't talk politics!
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
mechanic416
    Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:16 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:Here's hoping we don't attract too many from WW. They have theirs and we have ours, is what I've heard.
Man that's a PPA to have :!:
Franz©
    Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:02 pm

Looking more and more like the British Company who bought Penton decided to scrap Penton's stupid boards that don't make a buck, or is that Pound or possibly even Euro.

Everything that made money from Trucking to Agriculture and back has been up and running for a week.

The Brits probably assigned WelderbaterWeb to a Lucas Electric server. Zap is undoubtedly driving his Dodge over to England to fix the server. The rest of the crossing guards are following along in a cardboard boat 7A taped up in the shipping room he works in.
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

BRITZ ? That explains everything. Cancel July 4. They won in 1913
Wen
  • Wen
    Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:46 pm

Weldingweb.com is back online. Just FYI... But this is the best welding :D web site....
ljdm1956

Wen wrote:Weldingweb.com is back online. Just FYI... But this is the best welding :D web site....
Back on and off, not seeing it here yet.
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Welding Web was free to me. It provided knowledge I haven't found access to in the 56 years before, that I wondered about welding. I never had access to skilled people until a few welding forums, and most of all; Jody, and others making, and posting videos.

For the enlightenment they provided, I am grateful to Penton Media, and their subscribers, and their excellent moderators. I thank Zap for his TIG clinics, the first time I ever saw an expert TIG weld.

If Welding Web, is gone, and utterly in the past, I am still a richer person for what I learned.

Thank you Zap, 7A749, Dave, Shovelon, and others, and Penton Media for what I have gained. Neither I, or anyone else have the right to condemn for the end of Welding Web.

Willie
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Update: I just tried to log in, it doesn't work.
ljdm1956

Bill Beauregard wrote:Update: I just tried to log in, it doesn't work.
I can't even see the log in page, still at error message
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff

ljdm1956 wrote:
I can't even see the log in page, still at error message
it's there for me, I'm using chrome if that makes any dif
Richard
Website
ljdm1956

Not all threads are up to date, log in not working yet. See what happens, still have other forums in the meantime.
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff

Same for me. The forgot password feature doesn't work either so I can't try that way to get in.

I let Zap know, so did DynaSteve.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
ljdm1956

MinnesotaDave wrote:
Same for me. The forgot password feature doesn't work either so I can't try that way to get in.

I let Zap know, so did DynaSteve.
Using "Forgot password" and trying to log in burned up all my allowed attempted tries, there's always tomorrow.
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff
ODIS
  • ODIS
    Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:36 pm

I didn't even have to log in, was greeted with the "you haven't posted in several weeks" message. Although there are yipee its back threads most of the forums are last year. Gee I wonder if the Russians were responsible :lol: .
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Clear your browser history and cache. That may be your issue.

I had to have Zap or DynaSteve fix my log in password.

Anyone else need the same? I'll post you guys up on the moderators board if you need help.
Dave J.

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
ljdm1956

I cant even re-register, won't go to page to send email with password, etc username "ljdm" Thanks!
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff

ljdm1956 wrote:I cant even re-register, won't go to page to send email with password, etc username "ljdm" Thanks!
I posted the info on the moderators forum.
Dave J.

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
ljdm1956

MinnesotaDave wrote:
ljdm1956 wrote:I cant even re-register, won't go to page to send email with password, etc username "ljdm" Thanks!
I posted the info on the moderators forum.
Thanks again, appreciated!
Lincoln Weld-Pak 180
Lincoln spool gun
Everlast PowerUltra 205p
AHP AlphaTig 200X
Assorted stuff