Books, articles, websites and other sources of information.

Well, they now have a pardon our dust page up... :)

Our sites are currently under maintenance.
Please try back later.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Penton
Richard
Website
    Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:15 pm

That's better news than the complete black-out. I've seen it happen before and in one case the had to start over from scratch.
Ernie F.
aland
    Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:10 pm

[never mind]
Last edited by aland on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Just like life! Loose it all. Start over and make something new.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

** update **
I've been told progress is being made on the website issues :)
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

MinnesotaDave wrote:** update **
I could have built a building faster.
Actually, I have :roll:

Antorcha wrote:
Pretty much everyone has, who cares.

I'll be sure to pass along that their computer work is slower than putting up a building... Wait, no i won't since they have nothing to do with each other...
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

MinnesotaDave wrote:
Antorcha wrote:
Pretty much everyone has, who cares.

I'll be sure to pass along that their computer work is slower than putting up a building... Wait, no i won't since they have nothing to do with each other...
Hit a raw nerve did he?

Bill Beauregard wrote:
Hit a raw nerve did he?
Not really, just don't like him :D
Dave J.

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
aland

[never mind]
Poland308

Perhaps it was someone’s way of saying “ take this job and shove it”.

Josh
aland

[never mind]
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

Even you must realize that when you're going on 2 weeks, it is obviously not the highest priority. Any half ass technician could rebuild that server in an afternoon. I don't know the company but somewhere it was stated they had 6 or 7 major sites go down they were responsible for.
Is there any evidence they brought up their other websites before weldingweb? And yes bringing up a webserver could be a quick task. But reconstituting data might not be. And you are assuming the issue is technical and not financial. I dont think you know as much about hosting as you think you do.
Multimatic 255
aland

[never mind]
Last edited by aland on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aland wrote:
Dave,

Even you must realize that when you're going on 2 weeks, it is obviously not the highest priority. Any half ass technician could rebuild that server in an afternoon. I don't know the company but somewhere it was stated they had 6 or 7 major sites go down they were responsible for.

This tells us that those other sites were much more important than WeldingWeb. If you're loosing revenue, the bean counters will be even less happy...I'm pretty sure they will get around to it when they can, it's not as if nobody is letting them know that people are waiting patiently for WeldingWeb to come back up.

I wouldn't want to be in their shoes...somebody has been in the fire for going on 2 weeks...and that is no fun...my condolences to whoever that may be... :cry:

Alan
I actually have no idea how long it takes, but I wish they would finish because there's a lot of excellent information on that website. :)

But, for all I know it's been sold and some new owner is deciding what to do with it :?:
Dave J.

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
aland

[never mind]

aland wrote:
MinnesotaDave wrote:But, for all I know it's been sold and some new owner is deciding what to do with it :?:
Good point, and for me also, I have no clue why the server hadn't been up for almost 2 weeks, I was merely going by what you said previously in the following post. For all I know that isn't even the case. I can think of a lot of "for all I knows...", but will refrain from comment as it seems nobody really knows what happened. And, for all I know, the servers are still up and a router went down... :lol:
Never liked the "D" handle router, too bulky for my tastes. Plunge routers are OK, but a little heavy and awkward for many tasks.

New one hand routers are small and cute - easy handling for little jobs.

That's the extent of my router knowledge :D
Dave J.

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Poland308

I bought the Dewalt router with three bases. But I mostly leave it attached to the router table.

Josh

Poland308 wrote:I bought the Dewalt router with three bases. But I mostly leave it attached to the router table.
I'm looking to buy a router table for school. Sometimes it looks like it would be easier for younger kids.
I have a 7th/8th grade wood shop class.

Can't decide if that would be safer, or more dangerous, than using the regular router though.
Dave J.

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

There’s a huge range of bits available for the dewalt. There’s even one multipak called megabits

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
aland

[never mind]
Bill Beauregard

MinnesotaDave wrote:
Poland308 wrote:I bought the Dewalt router with three bases. But I mostly leave it attached to the router table.
I'm looking to buy a router table for school. Sometimes it looks like it would be easier for younger kids.
I have a 7th/8th grade wood shop class.

Can't decide if that would be safer, or more dangerous, than using the regular router though.
Every hand held tool is very hazardous. I've spent a lifetime using the biggest hand held drills on the market at the time. The only injury I ever suffered was of my dignity one day when a 4-1/2 " hole saw on a 18" arbor went errant, and swallowed my pants. Not a drop of blood was shed that day, but I'm not mentioning embarrassment.

A year and change ago I observed a counter man in a plumbing supply store struggling to put an auxiliary handle on a compact cordless drill. I was amused. A little drill like that won't require an extra long handle. Ten minutes later, I bought two of them. The first time I used mine with a 4" hole saw cutting through multi layers of sheathing boards, clapboards, lath, and plaster, sheetrock, I injured my rotator cuff in my right shoulder. Adding the auxiliary handle, and trying again, I finished off my rotator cuff. A year plus later, I'm back to normal.

Tools are dangerous, Without coaching, tools are very dangerous. Personally, based purely on logic, a stationary tool seems less hazardous than one that can swing around, engaging flesh.

There was a show on television called, (I recall) Real Stories Of The E. R. There was a man standing on a ten foot tall step ladder, It sat on uneven ground. Reaching over his head, probably too high for his ladder, he used a Hole Hog, a Milwaukee drill notorious for injuries. The auger bit, made for wood was 18" long, 1" diameter. His ladder gave way, he fell, and the still running drill drove the auger in his eye, and out the top of his skull.

Miraculously, he survived, and will spend the rest of his life with coloring books, and crayons.
Bill Beauregard

PS: I'm sort of saying that whatever happens at Welding Web will happen without us. They haven't opted to confide in us. They will, or won't be back. In the meantime, no thread ever was more ripe for a derail.

Willie

**** New update ****

THIS JUST IN FROM FIX IT CENTRAL IN NEW YORK..

We have not forgotten about you. The IT team is literally piecing our sites back together one by one, and byte by byte, from the failed SAN array. It’s obviously a catastrophic issue.
Dave J.

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

from the failed SAN array. It’s obviously a catastrophic issue.
Wow...completely preventable.
Multimatic 255