Books, articles, websites and other sources of information.
rmalone
    Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:45 am

I am in uk. I need to take coded test and am unsure of which code to take. I will be needing structural code and vessel / pipe code. 6g will cover the pipe work I think but what about asme 9 ? is this accepted in the UK. what about the en codes and BS codes. I have seen these on Wikipedia but do not seem to come across these much when talking to other welders I know. can any body help??? thanks Russell
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Last edited by WerkSpace on Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
rmalone

thank-you , it has helped a little , I think im correct in saying that asme9 , 6g/6gr cover me for vessel and pipe work respectively , aws d1/11 cover structural work but my question now is are the American codes accepted over here in the UK? I assume they are as all the schools / training centres offer the asme9 & aws codes. why are these codes offered in the UK when there is British standard codes ( bs en 287 ) amongst others? please any help from you guys will always be appreciated. many thanks. Russell
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

rmalone,

I suggest you repost the question in the other sub-forums as they may apply, such a TIG, Stick/SMAW, and even "general shop talk".

I say this because the "welding info" topic is next to last on the page, and likely to be missed, skipped, or ignored by the casual reader.

I can tell you much about ASME IX, but I can't tell you if it's a match to the British standards and will apply to you.

Steve S
rmalone

many thanks for your info, I think BSEN 287 may be enough for what im looking for as many contracts here are through recruitment agencies which accept that we can weld if we have any code really as most companies then re test anyway.