General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi everyone. I'm doing one of my many returns to this forum. My name is Mick, I'm one of the Mods from Australia. I've been here for a long time but I take pretty long breaks. I'm attempting to get away from antisocial media so I thought I'd come back. I love all kinds of welding and love making bits and pieces in the shed. Here's my latest thing. I work for a defence contractor making subframes for small military vehicles. I hope all of you are well and enjoying the welding.

All the best, mick.
Attachments
20200906_181148.jpg
20200906_181148.jpg (56.89 KiB) Viewed 1714 times
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Welcome back Mick. Glad to see your still kicking.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

You shouldn't have let it be known that you're pumping black gold in your backyard, you'll start another rush on the town. :)
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Good to see you Mick, just mentioned in another thread you haven't been around in quite some time.

BTW, do you have access to the web site? If I was to help you try to find a file that's missing, could you help?
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

Thanks guys. I don't know why it's sideways...

Alan, if you mean the actual welding tips and tricks website, I don't have any particular special access. But if you PM Admin it's jody or joey and they should be able to help.
TraditionalToolworks

weldin mike 27 wrote:Alan, if you mean the actual welding tips and tricks website, I don't have any particular special access. But if you PM Admin it's jody or joey and they should be able to help.
I've sent a couple emails with the General error that pops up, to no avail, I don't get an answer. Jody is usually responsive on IG though, I complained not long ago when he changed Jake's music on the podcast and he put it back the next week, after responding. :lol:
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

Hey Mike, welcome back, now weld something!
Richard
Website

Alan, did you try to pm him on here?
Attachments
Screenshot_20200916-215959_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200916-215959_Chrome.jpg (40.78 KiB) Viewed 1626 times

LtBadd wrote:Hey Mike, welcome back, now weld something!
I'm welding again every day at work, and loving every minute of it. It's been a couple of years doing other things, from being a storeman to assembly to just general shop bitch.
TraditionalToolworks

weldin mike 27 wrote:Alan, did you try to pm him on here?
Just did there as well.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
TraditionalToolworks

Mick,

Recently there was a thread about how to liven up the WTAT forums. Some people made suggestions, some said they thought it was good as it is and that nothing needed to be changed.

As a long time moderator of these forums, what's your thoughts on making WTAT a better resource for the welding community in general? Maybe you don't have any perspective on that, but I suspect since you have been a moderator on these forums for so long that you must at least have some.

It's long been a disappointment that Jody doesn't hang out here more. Many people have a lot of reasons why that is so, but it seems he is not motivated by the site to do much with it.

Any thoughts on this forum?
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

Hi Alan.

The attraction of this forum has always been a slower pace and no internet warriors like on other social sites and even forums. If you have experienced a bad forum you know how cringey they can be.

I did start a Welding tips and tricks forum Facebook page a few years ago with the permission of jody, before the forum let you post proper photos. It didn't do much for years but all of a sudden it went viral and is up to about a quad zillion members now. It was so successful in fact, that it attracted so much negative people, that I actually changed the name from wtt to welders around the world. To stop any negative feedback from it to jodys business. It's a hidden group so you can't search it, and I'm not on Facebook anymore so I don't know what is happening. Although if you know someone who is in the group, they can add you from inside.

As for breathing new life into the forum, not sure what we can do, it's always been a background thing behind jodys videos. Even his main website is old news now days. I haven't been there in years.

Feel free to link any videos, pictures or topics you have in mind, to see if it gets going. Sometimes it takes off, sometimes it doesn't. If you like, I can post some of random welding things that pop into my head from time to time, but it's pretty random in there.

All the best, mick