General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
77cruiser
    Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:27 am

Looking at a Lincoln Viking. What do I need for a cheater? I have to have a cheater.
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

I use a Hobart cheater in my viking when needed. Fits just fine and works just fine. Don't have it with me now, but I think the model # is 770277 from a quick online search.
77cruiser

Thanks I did find some I thought they might take a different style since the view is bigger.
77cruiser

Now I found this one. Is it even close to the Lincoln?

https://www.amazon.com/YESWELDER-Viewin ... B07V9G94NK
WVDeere
    Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:13 pm

Don’t know how it compares to Lincoln but I just bought one and it blows away my old cheap helmet. The headgear isn’t that great but in the comments on amazon guys say you can swap it for Lincoln headgear no problem. They even give the item number for the Lincoln headgear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Looks like a knock off.

And I'll never understand why manufacturers put knobs on the outside of the helmets. Those product designers obviously don't spend much time welding inside of structures.
77cruiser

WVDeere wrote:Don’t know how it compares to Lincoln but I just bought one and it blows away my old cheap helmet. The headgear isn’t that great but in the comments on amazon guys say you can swap it for Lincoln headgear no problem. They even give the item number for the Lincoln headgear.

Thanks for the review. But, I'm going with the Lincoln.
WVDeere
    Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:13 pm

I don’t disagree. I’d say the Lincoln is superior in every way. If my budget allowed I wouldn’t hesitate. Hope you like it.

BugHunter
    Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:54 pm

I think the cheater lenses are fairly standard and although I wouldn't quote me on this, I think all of the Lincoln helmets have a space for one. I know mine has a space for it and mine was the cheapest thing they make. I have the passive lens helmet. I think with the number 10 glass it was around seventy bucks. It's the regular Lincoln helmet with the regular headgear but without the electronic auto darkening lens. I have purchased the two by four cheater lenses from multiple places and they work for all my helmets, Lincoln, Hobart, whatever.
77cruiser

I bought the Viking & finally tried it out. WOW it's like a new pair of eyes, I can everything again.