General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:29 am

Matt wrote:
Coolidge wrote:
Matt wrote:I wouldn't trust word of mouth. Sounds to me like someone is confusing the powermig 180 for this new powermig 210. You can see all the rebates here. http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/eq ... tters.aspx
"The Power MIG 210 MPwill be part of the Money Matters Plus Program." First paragraph at this link http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/l ... er-k3963-1

Did you notice they no longer have that quote.
Fortunately I saved a screen shot of it :twisted: since their sales guy used this to entice me to place a pre-order I predict we will be having a chat about it.
Matt
    Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:02 pm

I also have a screenshot because of the way it was worded. However I never placed an order. Good luck holding their feet to the fire.
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Matt wrote:I also have a screenshot because of the way it was worded. However I never placed an order. Good luck holding their feet to the fire.
I'm sure they will refund your money and sell it full price to the next person on the waiting list.....

soutthpaw wrote:
Matt wrote:I also have a screenshot because of the way it was worded. However I never placed an order. Good luck holding their feet to the fire.
I'm sure they will refund your money and sell it full price to the next person on the waiting list.....
I already spoke with them, enough said. In other news I was #14 on the list out of 39, the first 9 have shipped and mine should ship by the end of this week!

The welder finally arrived minutes ago!

RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Coolidge wrote:The welder finally arrived minutes ago!
Ah, yes... Lincoln just called - it seems they've accidentally shipped my unit to your address. So, if you'd be so kind as to just forward it along... ;-)

Does it still have that new car smell, or have you broken it in yet? First impressions?
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!

RichardH wrote:
Coolidge wrote:The welder finally arrived minutes ago!
Ah, yes... Lincoln just called - it seems they've accidentally shipped my unit to your address. So, if you'd be so kind as to just forward it along... ;-)

Does it still have that new car smell, or have you broken it in yet? First impressions?
lol do you really want it after I drooled on it? Its still a virgin and I'm a total noob welder. I have a pile of steel in the shop waiting to be cut and welded into a mill stand which will be my first project. 3x3x3/16, 3x2x3/16, and 3x1.5x1/8.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Coolidge,
I'm looking at the pictures of your shop, it's way too clean, hell even your vacuum cleaner is clean, you need to stay off here and get some of that new shiney stuff dirty, now get after it. If I kept my shop that clean my wife would start to store her crap in there and we don't want that to happen. :D

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Braehill wrote:Coolidge,
I'm looking at the pictures of your shop, it's way too clean, hell even your vacuum cleaner is clean, you need to stay off here and get some of that new shiney stuff dirty, now get after it. If I kept my shop that clean my wife would start to store her crap in there and we don't want that to happen. :D

Len

Never trust a guy with a clean shop ;) :lol:
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

I'm not sure I'm ready to question his ability to be trusted just yet, but I think he might be leaning towards a severe case of OCD. :D Actually, some days I wish I had a little OCD and a little less hoarder in my system. I'm like a crow though, if it's shiney, I have to pick it up and take it home. My garage is testiment to that I can assure you, it doen't look at all like his.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Braehill wrote:I'm not sure I'm ready to question his ability to be trusted just yet, but I think he might be leaning towards a severe case of OCD. :D Actually, some days I wish I had a little OCD and a little less hoarder in my system. I'm like a crow though, if it's shiney, I have to pick it up and take it home. My garage is testiment to that I can assure you, it doen't look at all like his.

Len
I'm the opposite of hoarder, I don't deal well with clutter. If I haul a truck load of something to the landfill on a weekend I feel like I accomplished something! :D
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

coolidge
leave the location of your land fill...
do go Friday or Saturday
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil

Motox I'm hauling a load there Saturday, stack of pallets, lawn spreader, office chair, electrical cord that had become contaminated with something sticky, my metal scraps bucket.

BTW I used to live in Ocean City, NJ I sure do miss the shore.
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

AKweldshop wrote:Never trust a guy with a clean shop ;) :lol:
Clean shop, nothin! This whole shop looks new - that mill isn't even off the pallet yet. Did somebody win the lottery, or are you launching retirement in style?
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!

I fired up the welder for the first time today, my buddy made this bead my first attempts were too ugly to post. The welder seems to work fine on a 30 amp breaker vs the 40 amp specified in the manual. This is 3/16 thick stock.

Shop = not quite 2 years old
Lathe/DRO = 1 year old

Then I went on a $12k buying spree last month

1. Mill with VFD/3hp Leeson (China) upgrade
2. Turnpro 7x12 band saw
3. Lincoln Power MIG 210 MP
4. BuildPro welding table
5. Aloris QCTP
6. Kurt D688 w/Kurt magnetic jaws and parallel set
7. EMT ER32 Collet set
8. Albrecht keyless chuck
9. A bunch of measuring tools, tooling, and inserts, engine hoist, welding cart, 4.5 inch disc grinder, clamps, welding accessories, tank, plus whatever else I forget.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Soooo, when is your first "open house"????? :D Looks like a great place to host a Welding Day.
-Jonathan
Dozer17
    Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Looks great....keep us updated on a full review. By the way, the cart that it's sitting on looks very nice. Can you tell me more about it?

Cart review - first consider the less expensive alternatives of which there are plenty are cheap tin crap with jokes for wheels. So in comparison to those this thing is a tank.

The Good - The top shelf is thicker and holds the Lincoln Powermig 210MP's 40 lb weight no problem. It would support a much heavier welder. The side tubing is also heavy duty and the wheels are 'very' nice, over kill heavy duty really. 8 inch tall rear wheels have bearings and are built like a brick. The rear axle lol its almost an inch in diameter solid steel (.945) the stand would fold up before that thing gave way. The front locking casters are also quite nice, I have purchased a lot of casters these are pretty decent. There is plenty of room at the rear for large tanks. I don't know what the diameter of my 80cf tank is but the stand will take a tank that's 3.5 inches larger in diameter :o

The Bad - The bottom shelf is thinner, I questioned it at first but my 80cf tank is fine on it. It bolts onto the rear side tubing, how it would perform with the weight of a larger tank...the 150cf would probably be fine but I'm not sure I'd go much larger than that. The welded on tangs for the chain are a joke, I could probably bend them with my bare hands. I tossed the chain in my scrap metal bucket and secured the tank to the stand with a couple of heavy rubber straps latched onto the side tubing. The handle (face palm) the handle itself is fine but I rate the design of how it raises and lowers as retarded. It works don't get me wrong but it didn't need to be nearly that complicated.

The Ugly - Wow the packing, they protected the individual pieces with some foam wrapping but this thing needs to be secured in rigid Styrofoam for shipping, instead they just throw the stuff in the box. Mind you this thing weighs 50 pounds. The first one I ordered from Amazon arrived destroyed. The box was ripped in half sideways, the bottom tray was bent in a way I'd have to use a hammer to bend it like that and the bag with all the hardware was missing altogether. What was left of the box resembled a canvas bag and all the stuff had just fallen to the bottom. Amazon sent me a replacement unit 2nd day air, that box was also ripped open and beat up but not as bad. There was one part that was scraped up and one small bent part, I made a good complete unit out of the two and sent the remainder back to Amazon after applying half a roll of my packing tape to what remained of the less destroyed box.
Dozer17

Sounds great, I don't see who makes it and how much?
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

If it's that made in China box, doesn't surprise me. Not sure what it is with Chinese made cardboard but it seems to be much softer, more flexible, as well as easier to puncture and rip than domestic cardboard. Look at any packing box from Harbor Freight tools and compare that to say a moving box you buy at hardware store.

Its a "Metal Man UWC3" here's a link to them on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Man-UWC3-Un ... lding+cart
Dozer17

Thanks!