General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Sam
  • Sam
    Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi All, I'm new to this site, I hope someone can help me? I have acquired an old OTC 500GTX Mig welder. I would like to find any information possible on this unit. It's a 3 phase power unit with a remote control and remote wire feeder.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Otc are still a viable company, you should be able to contact them and get info
Sam
  • Sam
    Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi Mike, i tried Otc but because it's an older model they don't have any information available. I bought it from the Alcoa auction in Geelong and they had several of them in use, so there must be some information out somewhere.

A company in Bendigo sells them, cv bearings, but not sure if they could help. What do you need to know?

Hi by the way
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

I moved a bunch of equipment for Alcoa about 10 years ago that was going to their plant in Geelong, now I heard it closed. We moved it from a plant in Alabama that went belly up after buying it from Alcoa and they shipped the equipment to Ohio to get rebuilt then some was shipped to Geelong and the rest to China.

Sorry can't help with the OTC welder though.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

Braehill wrote:I moved a bunch of equipment for Alcoa about 10 years ago that was going to their plant in Geelong, now I heard it closed. We moved it from a plant in Alabama that went belly up after buying it from Alcoa and they shipped the equipment to Ohio to get rebuilt then some was shipped to Geelong and the rest to China.

Sorry can't help with the OTC welder though.

Len
Len, it's pretty clear that the equipment was cursed! Wherever it went, the company closed - oh no!

Sam, welcome to the Forum. Be careful with the welder. I hope it brings you lots of luck

All jokes aside, does this link help?

Trev
EWM Phonenix 355 Pulse MIG set mainly for Aluminum, CIGWeld 300Amp AC/DC TIG, TRANSMIG S3C 300 Amp MIG, etc, etc
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Sam welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200