General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
racepak
    Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:47 pm

Hello everyone
anyone know a place that repairs miller elite helmets?
i contacted miller and they dont repair unless under warranty,

thanks
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Where are you located. The place where you purchased your helmet should be able to help or a Miller dealer like welders supply should probably help. What's broken on the helmet?
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding

Where are you located. The place where you purchased your helmet should be able to help or a Miller dealer like welders supply should probably help. What's broken on the helmet?
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
racepak

Farmwelding wrote:Where are you located. The place where you purchased your helmet should be able to help or a Miller dealer like welders supply should probably help. What's broken on the helmet?
i'm from israel but i can ship everywhere, i got it on ebay several years ago, the miller dealers in israel will rip me a new one lol,

the lens gets real dark when trying to weld, darker then the highest shade,

​thanks
Farmwelding

If you have to get a whole new lense which may be possible you may want to get a new helmet because a lense or he part that darkens plus your shipping from Israel will be equal to or possibly greater than a new helmet.
Nick
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Truthfully I doubt that it will be repairable - warranty claims are likely just replaced with a new lens assembly.

I have a Miller elite also, it has started going through batteries more quickly than it should - I'll buy a new one when it dies.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

dave
i have one as well, how long before
you had issues with it?
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

motox wrote:dave
i have one as well, how long before
you had issues with it?
craig
I got it used about 3 years ago. I think it's served a fair amount of time for the money.

I'm still using it, I just have to change the batteries more often than before.
Sometimes I've changed them after only 3 days of normal use.
Other times longer.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

dave
thanks
only on my second set of batters but
i dont weld every day for a living.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
JDawg
    Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:08 pm

When electronics like that fail, you're generally boned. If it can be repaired, it won't be cheap and you're probably better off just getting another ADF unit/helmet.
racepak

thanks for the replys, i just got a spedglass 9100xxi because thats what they sell here, its clearer at idle, but i like the miller headgear better,
i got mine elite about 7 years ago, and it served me well :), i replaced battery's maybe 8 times,

yeah sure, a new lens wont be worth it, i wanted to repair it and have it as a backup.