General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

where is the best place for having stuff and having the best prices online for welding consumables ie rods, wire, tips, parts ect..

i only ask because i find myself only able to get to the local farm supply othwise i have to drive a hour to get to a true welding supply place and they dont have the best innovatory for welding rods. and other stuff.
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

Weldfabulous has an excellent selection and excellent prices but their customer service is totally nonexistent. They never answer their phone and will not return your call if you leave a message. If you don't know exactly what you need then you will not be able to find out via their website either.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT

RamboBaby wrote:Weldfabulous has an excellent selection and excellent prices but their customer service is totally nonexistent. They never answer their phone and will not return your call if you leave a message. If you don't know exactly what you need then you will not be able to find out via their website either.
Doesn't sound all that fabulous
Richard
Website

I haven't bought a tremendous amount online, however I got a great price (and service) on a CK20 superflex torch from Tigdepot.net, and a good experience at Welding Supplies from IOC.
Richard
Website
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I've bought a range of stuff from IOC. From machines to some consumables. Felt I got treated fairly. But I still buy my rod and some other stuff locally.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

My experience with the LWS:
ME - Let me get 3 lbs of aluminum bronze tig rod.
LWS - You mean silicone bronze?
ME - Let me get 2 lbs of 4943 tig rod.
LWS - You mean 4043?
They act like you are crazy to ask for stuff that guys on this board routinely reference. I get this same treatment from O2 Plus and Air Gas.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

RamboBaby wrote:My experience with the LWS:
ME - Let me get 3 lbs of aluminum bronze tig rod.
LWS - You mean silicone bronze?
ME - Let me get 2 lbs of 4943 tig rod.
LWS - You mean 4043?
They act like you are crazy to ask for stuff that guys on this board routinely reference. I get this same treatment from O2 Plus and Air Gas.
My LWS is the same or worse. One type of electrode - Thoriated. One type of steel filler - ER70S2. One type of aluminium filler - 5356. Anything more exotic is met with the type of looks you'd expect had you asked for a bottle of unicorn tears.

I buy everything online, almost always through eBay 'stores' run by one or two reputable local (Oz) sellers.

Kym