General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBAPKZQMpgA

Here is 6 minutes of your life you will never get back :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

The dude did a lot of stuff right, but a few things wrong. Dressing the tip properly was great, then he promptly dipped it on the first bead he ran like that.

The weave on that flat repair was just sad and since this is the internet, I'm gonna act like I could do better with the same circumstance. :D
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I can't wait for the overhead and vertical videos!
Somebody got on the wife's nerves last night!
And I have to make me one of those brackets to use the can!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I also like the pulse feature, a little inaccurate and not perfect rhythm, but for a cheap machine, can't complain
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

exnailpounder wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBAPKZQMpgA

Yes, yes it was. :) I liked the repair weld. :lol:
Farmwelding

electrode wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBAPKZQMpgA

Yes, yes it was. :) I liked the repair weld. :lol:
The repair weld could have used a little more prep. Those crackers have to gum up that file worse than aluminum!
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

F---ing AWSOME!!! :D
I have more questions than answers

Josh

What am I missing? I still have my 6 minutes... :lol:
Richard
Website
    Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 am

Poland308 wrote:F---ing AWSOME!!! :D

+1

I love these kinda vids.

Thisoldtony, Ave and Electroboom. I still get blank looks like wtf is so funny when I start cracking up at some guy trying to square up a spud in a milling machine...
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing... Oscar Wilde
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

great vid and he has lunch.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
exnailpounder

Rupes wrote:
Poland308 wrote:F---ing AWSOME!!! :D

+1

I love these kinda vids.

Thisoldtony, Ave and Electroboom. I still get blank looks like wtf is so funny when I start cracking up at some guy trying to square up a spud in a milling machine...
Yeah this 6061 guy puts out great videos. No yacking about how great he is, just beautiful welds. Even Jody is doing a few silent/sped up vids. Fun to watch.
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:08 am

That's a good example of how to take your trade craft to a whole other level! :lol:
"Why is there never time to do anything right the first time but always time to do it again?"
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Damn you, Jeff! :lol:
That's six minutes I can probably forgive.
I was shaking my head for at least the first minute, wondering why, but it got better. And better, yet. That was a good laugh.

Steve S
exnailpounder

Hey...I forewarned everyone :lol: I almost quit watching it too but it did get better as it went on.

At this point I count 10 people who have watched this, which equals 1 hour of something, plus the time spent posting in this thread, I would hold Jeff responsible but not sure that's possible :lol: :lol:
Richard
Website
Farmwelding

It wasn't a waste of my time I watched it isn't the middle if a useless class period so it enriched me. Don't judge me. I can still pay attention and still do but welding videos are there and so is the forum. Again though-I promise I still pay attention and keep everything up and do well in school.
Nick
exnailpounder

LtBadd wrote:At this point I count 10 people who have watched this, which equals 1 hour of something, plus the time spent posting in this thread, I would hold Jeff responsible but not sure that's possible :lol: :lol:
Trust me ,,it's not :lol:
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Pretty shire like most of us Jeff gives the tail light guarantees. If he can still se your tail lights then it's Guaranteed. Unless he blinked. Then it's shorter. :lol:
I have more questions than answers

Josh
exnailpounder

Poland308 wrote:Pretty shire like most of us Jeff gives the tail light guarantees. If he can still se your tail lights then it's Guaranteed. Unless he blinked. Then it's shorter. :lol:
:lol:
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:08 am

The more that I think about it, I think that video was completely wrong. Those WERE NOT WELDS! That was brazing if I've ever seen it! 8-)
"Why is there never time to do anything right the first time but always time to do it again?"
Farmwelding

WoodpeckerWelder wrote:The more that I think about it, I think that video was completely wrong. Those WERE NOT WELDS! That was brazing if I've ever seen it! 8-)
Darn it you're right :lol: We've been lied to for days now. I wonder what kind of alloy it was. Cheddar, sharp cheddar, or extra sharp ;) although I'd be wary about anything other than plain cheddar-you start getting into the aged cheeses it may cause problems with the composite and oxidation and cause all sorts of porosity and a weak braze.

Wow. Crap like this really shows us that we are very attached to what we do. Almost to much? :roll:
Nick