General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Coldman wrote:Nah, just post up a pic of your welder.
Yeah! My offer is only if I go first!
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Well that's a given.
I'm into clean caveman beer and bbq livin, not like the sushi and chardonnay Iowa set! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Cole2534
    Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:28 am

Coldman wrote:Nah, just post up a pic of your welder.
Ok.Image
Coldman

Hey, that looks like my shop. Except where you have a flag I have bikini babes.
Poland308

Coldman wrote:Well that's a given.
I'm into clean caveman beer and bbq livin, not like the sushi and chardonnay Iowa set! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do like my sushi and sea food! Harder to get in Iowa. I also like my wine! But it’s often beer in my possession.

Josh
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

My school got shut down after spring break, so im on vacation for 17 days :D
JohnMc
    Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Build Mad Max cars.
Motivational signs like. When in danger or in doubt run in circles scream and shout.

Seriously I have heard from friends and family in healthcare that people are stealing bottles of hand sanitizer. So some type of SS bracket that can be screwed or double sided taped down with a screw or small lock holding the bottle.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

disney land will never run out of replacements for a strange looking/acting dog...people are GOOFY over this nonsense. Should be treating it with care, BUT, don't run stupid because some nitwit is flapping their jaws and have no medical training to back it up.
practice good hygiene, use your head for more than a hat rack and stay safe.
VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

I have observed that the only thing some folks use their brains for, is keeping their ears from snapping together.

I got two trucks finished today for a customer. He needs them back on the road Monday morning. About to finish up a new engine install on a 2008 Tahoe. Trying to get everything possible out of the shop, in case I get sick.
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!
BillE.Dee

Good job, Sawyer. Just be careful how ya pump them out, customers will want that all the time and sometimes errors occur when in a hurry.
You're going to be ok. Practice good hygiene, pay attention and stay safe.
VA-Sawyer

Anybody know anything about building a respirator? I understand we have a critical shortage of them. I am willing to donate time, just no idea how to help.

Looking at the security cases for sanitizer. Sounds like a good idea.
Simclardy
    Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 pm

VA-Sawyer wrote:Anybody know anything about building a respirator? I understand we have a critical shortage of them. I am willing to donate time, just no idea how to help.

Looking at the security cases for sanitizer. Sounds like a good idea.
Wrap a scarf around your head. I heard the respirator does nothing to filter the virus but helps slow the air coming in, thereby decreasing the risk of infection.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Simclardy

Oscar wrote:My school got shut down after spring break, so im on vacation for 17 days :D
Sounds like the welders will be getting a workout. Enjoy.
Hope everyone is ok health wise and financially.

Simclardy wrote:
Oscar wrote:My school got shut down after spring break, so im on vacation for 17 days :D
Sounds like the welders will be getting a workout. Enjoy.
Hope everyone is ok health wise and financially.

Yup, hoping to make some bbq pits and other random crap.
VA-Sawyer

The respirator I'm talking about, is the breathing machine that hospitals use for folks unable to breath on their own. Due to the shortage, Drs are having to decide which patients get one, and who will die without one.
BillE.Dee

Sawyer, IF I can get this electronic stuff figured out, I will take a picture of the one I saw on another site and get it to you. It was simply a fan device hooked to a mask via hose to provide air flow. Didn't see what the filter was .. have to give it a closer look.
Simclardy

VA-Sawyer wrote:The respirator I'm talking about, is the breathing machine that hospitals use for folks unable to breath on their own. Due to the shortage, Drs are having to decide which patients get one, and who will die without one.
Ok, wow. You want to make a ventilator? That sound like a challenge.

Even if one could build a home-made respirator/ventilator, there are legal implications of using such an apparatus in a hospital setting. Hospitals would likely get sued if they allowed the use of such things and the patient dies. While it would not be an easy choice cor a Dr or the hospital to decide who gets to use one and who doesn't, at least there are procedures in place and protocols for making such decisions to protect the medical care workers involved in such a predicament.
Coldman

Hey Josh, howya doin buddy? I hope you're keeping well!
We've had a couple days of no new cases here in Queensland, so it looks like you won't be trading up to a dynasty any time soon! Anyway I'm holed up in the "Fat Cave" tooling around with small orders and doing a big tidy up.
Even took on a job to fix up an old yankee vending machine. Fixed up the fridgedeck ok, but the vendor is sagging in the middle, had to make up a base frame to pull it flat.
frame1.jpg
frame1.jpg (107.38 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
I was thinkin about leaving my table to BillE, but no point now.

By the way, how many hours are on the TA? (just out of curiosity :mrgreen: )
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Coldman wrote:Hey Josh, howya doin buddy? I hope you're keeping well!
Checkin' up on that Dynasty?

Dibsies or not, I'm a heck of a lot close to Iowa than you are... :lol:

All kidding aside, I'm gonna need to live with my Primeweld...:roll:

I'm beginning to think we're being partially wamboozled on this one, we're into day 37 of the lockdown in America and there's a 14 day infection period. I believe it was here already, as some have suggested. Further, we don't even really know what the fatality rate is because we really have no clue on how many have been infected, we only know the ones that have been tested, this goes for the entire world. Since China didn't inform anyone about it for so long, my guess is that it was well spread out over the globe by the time anyone started to put it together. Rumor has it they knew in November, and during the Chinese new year seems that people were still traveling. Even AU had early cases when Tom Hanks and his wife had it. They survived.

Not trying to discredit it, but are we going to live in fear for the rest of the year? Many people need to get back to work, I think this will turn into a real serious problem if we don't figure that out.

We've had a couple days of no new cases here in Queensland, so it looks like you won't be trading up to a dynasty any time soon! Anyway I'm holed up in the "Fat Cave" tooling around with small orders and doing a big tidy up.
Even took on a job to fix up an old yankee vending machine. Fixed up the fridgedeck ok, but the vendor is sagging in the middle, had to make up a base frame to pull it flat.
Coldman wrote:I was thinkin about leaving my table to BillE, but no point now.
Anyone in line for my green weenie? :lol:

I guess what any of us can fabricate is what metal we have on hand, or what we can get. I haven't ventured to get any steel in a while, but it must be open as trades are considered a necessity. I did order some aluminum coupons from Superior Weld and Fab this evening to test out the Primeweld.

FWIW, I got my electrical meter on my telephone pole and contacted PG&E to get my electrical service dropped. The electrical contractor did the meter yesterday.
Oscar wrote:Even if one could build a home-made respirator/ventilator, there are legal implications of using such an apparatus in a hospital setting.
Just to comment on this comment, you bet there is. I work on a robotic surgery platform and the regulations and testing required are massive, so don't think you can do any fabricating without a crap load of certs, and that goes even for the private sector let alone the hospitals.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Poland308

So far good. It’s moving pretty fast. We’re under a shelter in place orders for now. Been getting lots done on the house though.

Josh
BillE.Dee

I was thinkin about leaving my table to BillE, but no point now.

I'll take the table, anytime, and swap ya even up for Josh's gloves and underwear.

Hope everyone is staying safe and keeping their heads on their shoulders. All this stuff is going to come out as one sick field of precedence and half stories.
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

BillE.Dee wrote:I'll take the table, anytime, and swap ya even up for Josh's gloves and underwear.
Thanks for that laugh...in these times we need a chuckle once in a while! :D
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Simclardy

TraditionalToolworks wrote:
I'm beginning to think we're being partially wamboozled on this one, we're into day 37 of the lockdown in America and there's a 14 day infection period. I believe it was here already, as some have suggested. Further, we don't even really know what the fatality rate is because we really have no clue on how many have been infected, we only know the ones that have been tested, this goes for the entire world. Since China didn't inform anyone about it for so long, my guess is that it was well spread out over the globe by the time anyone started to put it together. Rumor has it they knew in November, and during the Chinese new year seems that people were still traveling. Even AU had early cases when Tom Hanks and his wife had it. They survived.

Not trying to discredit it, but are we going to live in fear for the rest of the year? Many people need to get back to work, I think this will turn into a real serious problem if we don't figure that out.

Well stated