General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
micheals60
    Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:45 am

hello, micheal here, wish to know the best settings on a miller deltaweld machince using 035 wire, and c25 gas
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Whatta ya welding?
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Welcome to the forum, Michael! I had to look up the Miller Deltaweld, since I wss not familiar with it- looks like a VERY capable machine.

The settings for the machine are driven by the thickness and type of metal you plan to weld, and by the type of joint. Miller has a weld calculator, here:
https://www.millerwelds.com/resources/w ... calculator

The calculator gives a starting point for a given weld but you need to fine-tune for best performance. Just curious, is this your personal machine?
Dave
aka "RTFM"
micheals60

thanks for the miller.com settings, got it so have little to none spatter, now once in awhile, while welding, it will "spit"or pop,i belive i have to "tweek"it?, i weld fitness equipment, i mostly weld 1/8 in. steel,we supply equipment to NFL teams, high schools,etc
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

micheals60 wrote:thanks for the miller.com settings, got it so have little to none spatter, now once in awhile, while welding, it will "spit"or pop,i belive i have to "tweek"it?, i weld fitness equipment, i mostly weld 1/8 in. steel,we supply equipment to NFL teams, high schools,etc

For the 'spit' or 'pop' it might be wire speed settings, or it might be welder error. If you are moving your gun in and out, lengthening and/or shortening your stick out, that will happen. Check for excessive spatter; that will tell you if you are getting too much stick out.
micheals60

Boomer63 wrote:
micheals60 wrote:thanks for the miller.com settings, got it so have little to none spatter, now once in awhile, while welding, it will "spit"or pop,i belive i have to "tweek"it?, i weld fitness equipment, i mostly weld 1/8 in. steel,we supply equipment to NFL teams, high schools,etc

For the 'spit' or 'pop' it might be wire speed settings, or it might be welder error. If you are moving your gun in and out, lengthening and/or shortening your stick out, that will happen. Check for excessive spatter; that will tell you if you are getting too much stick out.

thanks, i thought i'd have tweek it, i hold the nozzel very close ,i dont back off, i know that will make it pop/spit.