General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
rod burna
    Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Whats up guys, new to the boards here and gotta say that this site is awesome, now with that out of the way i wanna share with you guys how pissed i am at the snap on guy! i buy alot of stuff off of him basically for the fact that i like the fact that i can just pay him later, well he shows up with these "Extreme face protectors" which are the raddest looking hoods ive ever seen and they come with a #10 shade and a clear lens for grinding and so on. now the kicker. the lenses are shaped sort of bug-eyed like a paintball mask so they are exclusive to that style of hood, when i went to get a replacement he says it'll hit me for 39 dollars!!!! so if snap on comes to your shop and trys to hawk you this hood you better just use it for light duty or maybe tigging where ya wont fry the lens on a weekly or bi weekly basis HEADS UP!!
When all else fails, Force prevails!
rickbreezy
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:08 pm

Yeah, I never buy from snap-on. It's like a mobile loanshark/synogauge/ super capatalist ripp-off whith a payment plan.

If I'm gonna buy a 75 dollar shield for 400 dollers, I better be able to wipe my ass with it too.
rod burna
    Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:48 pm

no joke.. there i go liking shiny stuff too much haha hell of it is.. i still use my harbor freight auto darkening hood that i bought for 40 bucks more! thing does look cool though and when you take it on a job interview it says "I came to melt some shit!!" haha
When all else fails, Force prevails!
genarr3
    Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:02 am

I've bought a lot of Snap on tools over the years. The very best tools without question. However far too many times I've felt ripped off weeks after the purchase. I don't feel like that when I buy something from Sears or Northern tools. I don't go near the Snap on truck anymore for that reason.