General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

MinnesotaDave wrote:Ryanjames- used bobcat 225 machines can be had from $900-$1500.

Mine was $1500 and only has a few hundred hours on it. Older model so has 8000 watts instead of 10000.

Decent welding arc, generator output is good - only 600 lbs.
what my end game is something lighter then what i got now at 500lbs i currently have a Miller 2E if i need a welder generator but with my current truck if i can knock of a few hundred lbs i would help me in many different ways..
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.
Keith_J
    Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:55 am

Used engines? With booze in gas, sniff test the fuel tank. If it smells like the alley behind a dive bar, expect to do a full fuel system service with a new carb. If it smells like Minwax Cherry Wood stain, you might be able to save the carb.

Even diesel generators suffer fuel woes with the bio fuel mandate. Biodiesel can hold more water in suspension than old school straight mineral diesel. Meaning water separators won't protect the injection pump. This water falls out in cold weather and usually trashes the injection pump. Only fresh diesel will save you expensive repairs.

I cycle the diesel out of the set tank every 3 months and burn it in the truck.