General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

lately my chiller tank alarm keeps going off.
if i jiggle the hoses (ck flex) near the welder
it seem to fix the problem.
i see you have a HTP 221 also
and I'm wondering if you have ever
experienced this issue?
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
motox

also tank level is full (miller coolant).
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

I am not Oscar (of course), but I would call Usaweld as they sell the HTP and they always seem pretty helpful.

http://www.usaweld.com/

p.s. I also have the Invertig 221 but just built a cart for it and am ready to start using it so I am a noob in that respect. But I do have the water cooled version and my new pump works great. :lol: I have a SW250DX Runner though so everything is under control. :)

p.s.s. A quick look at the manual shows the flow alarm when turned on, alerts when there is a restriction. I would disconnect the line from the torch and blow some air through them and jog the pump on/off to see if there is flow or if some piece of trash comes out. Or even easier just disconnect the return line from the torch at the chiller and put it into a clean bucket and jog the pump on/off to check the flow. And check for a kink in the hose too.
motox

electrode
thanks for the advise!
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

You're welcome. Let us know what you find out. ;)
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

electrode wrote:p.s.s. A quick look at the manual shows the flow alarm when turned on, alerts when there is a restriction. I would disconnect the line from the torch and blow some air through them and jog the pump on/off to see if there is flow or if some piece of trash comes out. Or even easier just disconnect the return line from the torch at the chiller and put it into a clean bucket and jog the pump on/off to check the flow. And check for a kink in the hose too.
Nailed it right on the head. It takes a very good restriction to set off that alarm, so either the pressure sensor is wigging out, or something is kinked, or there is some kind of real obstruction from within the hose. If there is a real restriction, regardless of the cause, the return line would show lower than normal flow back into the tank, so the suggestion of removing it and holding it so it still returns to the reservoir (so as to not lose your coolant), but from the top fill hole is a very good one. If the alarm goes off, but the flow does not change, then it could just be the pressure sensor going bad.

I've never had this issue thankfully. If I do have any issues, I have a second cooler. ;)

motox

Oscar
had to finish up welding something today so no
chance to test but i noticed the alarm sounded
after welding at 135 amp for several minute.
jiggled the hose at machine and it stopped.
i will disassemble and test this weekend.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil