General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Yeah I saw them at my local welders supply and I asked about them on here and found it that no one is happy especially apex welding.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I still think Jody needs to offer the tig mitten size for your whole hand. :D
That other one doesn't look as thick either.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

Sometimes (a lot of times) simpler is better.

I'm not much of a tigger but I don't need any extra straps getting snagged up on anything when I'm working.
Farmwelding

Yeah the bsx is cheaper made and doesn't cover all around and is only like 2-4 dollars cheaper and cheaper quality. Jodys tig finger is better made and the original. Like most things the original is always better and who doesn't want to help a little guy out
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick

Poland308 wrote:I still think Jody needs to offer the tig mitten size for your whole hand. :D
It could double as an oven mitt! :lol:
Richard
Website
Poland308

I can't count how many times I wear both my tig fingers at the same time so I can just kinda roll my hand on a pipe as I go.

Josh
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Jody discovered this in person when BSX "unveiled" this bullshit at FabTech.

It won't hurt him any more than Home Depot or Harbor Freight welding supplies hurt him, because craftsmen know better, hacks don't, and BSX can't change that.

BSX has hurt themselves more than Jody, anyway, because the whole Instagram welding community is up in arms and boycotting ALL Black Stallion products.

Steve S
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Bsx are my go to glove. Buy the 2xl size in from the states personally cause Aussie stores don't stock 2xl. Gonna have to find another glove now.

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

I want tig socks so I can weld in my Crocs
    Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Antorcha wrote:I want tig socks so I can weld in my Crocs
That might actually not be a bad idea. How many times I have burned my feet because a ball of molten metal drops in my shoe or my boot...
exnailpounder

Otto Nobedder wrote:Jody discovered this in person when BSX "unveiled" this bullshit at FabTech.

It won't hurt him any more than Home Depot or Harbor Freight welding supplies hurt him, because craftsmen know better, hacks don't, and BSX can't change that.

BSX has hurt themselves more than Jody, anyway, because the whole Instagram welding community is up in arms and boycotting ALL Black Stallion products.

Steve S
I didn't realize there was a boycott on Black Stallion products...I just bought new Tig Gloves :oops: I don't follow Instagram or anything like that so I wasn't aware. Steve...maybe you could announce stuff like that here so dinosaurs like me can be up to speed on any goings on I should know about.
exnailpounder

I want a Tig Speedo (banana hammock) so I can.... :lol:
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
I want a Tig Speedo (banana hammock) so I can.... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
if there's a welder, there's a way
Poland308

I want a Tig Speedo (banana hammock) so I can.... :lol:[/quote]

Looks like that's what bsx made! That's not a wrist band it's a waist band!

Josh
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

I was just looking at BSX welding gloves but not any more! I'll stick to my Tillman Pigskins. :D
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

exnailpounder wrote: I didn't realize there was a boycott on Black Stallion products...I just bought new Tig Gloves :oops: I don't follow Instagram or anything like that so I wasn't aware. Steve...maybe you could announce stuff like that here so dinosaurs like me can be up to speed on any goings on I should know about.
I didn't want to be the one to bring it up, as I couldn't do it in a non-judgemental way. I was sure it would come up sooner or later, since it's been discussed on the podcast and I know some members here are on Instagram as well. Now that the subject is here, I'll gladly comment on it.

In fairness, they certainly have a utility patent on it, since adding the strap qualifies as a "novel use" under patent law. The reviews coming out suggest it's lighter and lower-quality material, and I believe it is mass-produced overseas, so I doubt they'll convert anyone who already uses the Tigfinger. Calling it "FlakFinger" simply drives home the point that they ripped off Jody's product.
Add to that, Jody has students making his to help them support their education. He doesn't advertise that fact, and I doubt he will, since he's remarkably humble.

Steve S
Farmwelding

Wow. Just wow. I am happily surprised about that fact Otto. That is really awesome. Well Jody is now more than ever a person is strive to be. A fantastic welder who helps everyone in everyday. I appreciate Jody and the rest of this forum. Before I decided to join this forum welders always had a stereo type of this bad dude who has his body covered in tattoos and is this guy everyone is afraid of. After joining I have realized weldors are one of the most corrects, helpful, diverse, and probably the most awesome group out there. I thank Jody and those close to him who helped him start this endeavor. I am extremely glad I joined. You've reassured my choice in becoming a weldor. Thanks a million guys.
Nick
exnailpounder

Farmwelding wrote:Wow. Just wow. I am happily surprised about that fact Otto. That is really awesome. Well Jody is now more than ever a person is strive to be. A fantastic welder who helps everyone in everyday. I appreciate Jody and the rest of this forum. Before I decided to join this forum welders always had a stereo type of this bad dude who has his body covered in tattoos and is this guy everyone is afraid of. After joining I have realized weldors are one of the most corrects, helpful, diverse, and probably the most awesome group out there. I thank Jody and those close to him who helped him start this endeavor. I am extremely glad I joined. You've reassured my choice in becoming a weldor. Thanks a million guys.
:lol: Obviously you haven't seen my picture in the Rogues Gallery :lol: Tattoos...check...everyone is afraid of...check...but I'd give you the shirt off my back and I've done it....this site has some of the best people that I have ever met. I am proud of my welding friends from all over the world. I get a big kick out of telling people about my friends on the other side of the planet. We are all like brothers here,,,we might disagree with each other sometimes but we still remain friends. What a company we could have if we all joined in together. The most important thing is that we all strive to be the best and we aren't afraid to admit our failures. A better bunch you will never find!
exnailpounder

Poland308 wrote:I want a Tig Speedo (banana hammock) so I can.... :lol:
Looks like that's what bsx made! That's not a wrist band it's a waist band![/quote]
Touche! :lol:
Farmwelding

Well exnailpounder. 1. Figured I'd look at your picture. Well all I have to say is wow. It looks like you should have a massive American flag behind you with eagles flying all around you. What I meant by the tattoo reference is that I thought and most guys think that everyone one of them is just covered. Looking at the gallery and reading about these guys lives I appreciate more and more the job and craftsmanship. Your tattoos just make you another peice of the weldor puzzle that makes interesting. Oh and I happened to notice those arms of yours and I'll say congrats. If I remember right you worked construction. Did you lift pre fanned walls by yourself there or something.
Nick
exnailpounder

Farmwelding wrote:Well exnailpounder. 1. Figured I'd look at your picture. Well all I have to say is wow. It looks like you should have a massive American flag behind you with eagles flying all around you. What I meant by the tattoo reference is that I thought and most guys think that everyone one of them is just covered. Looking at the gallery and reading about these guys lives I appreciate more and more the job and craftsmanship. Your tattoos just make you another peice of the weldor puzzle that makes interesting. Oh and I happened to notice those arms of yours and I'll say congrats. If I remember right you worked construction. Did you lift pre fanned walls by yourself there or something.
LOl...I grew up in a neighborhood with a bunch of older boys and I had to get tough real quick so my dad bought me an old Sears concrete weight set when I was about 10 and that set off about a 30 year love of working out. I can't do it anymore because my joints are so sore and I fought in MMA until I was 39 years old and that didn't help my joints either. I know what you meant about the whole tattoo thing and I take no offense. People that meet me are sometimes taken aback but when they get to know me and hang around my shop for a few beers they realize I'm just a good ol boy, but a little more "animated" than most and that's how I get most of my work...word of mouth. Craftsmanship goes hand in hand with self-respect and character. Most people that show up here are quality minded and the hack and tacks realize that and don't hang around long. Everyone likes a little pat on the back sometimes and to show your welding work here and get compliments from some of the great welders/fabricators we have around here feels good sometimes. I love the work I do now...I hate carpentry and even though I slug it out for crappy pay as alot of us do..I don't want to do anything else...I may not survive in business much longer but I will never stop welding and hanging out with the good people here. This site is unique and with Steve at the helm, I am sure it will stay that way for up and comers plus I think Jody just attracts good people because of his nature. Gotta go climb under Ford Ranger and weld a broken radius arm thats covered in oil and anti-freeze so the rest of you have fun today :lol:
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Notpoundingnailsanymore:

Are you gonna jump on your bike and be part of the "wall of meat" in Washington DC this Friday? :P
exnailpounder

electrode wrote:Notpoundingnailsanymore:

Are you gonna jump on your bike and be part of the "wall of meat" in Washington DC this Friday? :P
Very tempting. Too far and too cold but if it was warm I would go.
Maloney1220
    Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:48 pm

Now that thing just looks like crap!!
I love both my tig fingers.