General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/how-to-b ... al-engine/

anyone ever thoght about doing something like this? think it might be a neat prodject.. would love to make one using Briggs parts ie piston's rods.
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Sheet metal if you start counting at .500 thou. Lol Cool though. We made welded motors at work, though they we a tiny bit bigger. A 5'5" "skinny guy" could climb inside to polish the Journals.

Mick
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

That would be fun to make but there would be no time to get anything else done. I saw a video of a guy who built his own Ferrari in his basement from parts he made at work, something like 15 years and then had to knock the basement wall out to get it outside. On youtube somewhere.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

exnailpounder wrote:That would be fun to make but there would be no time to get anything else done. I saw a video of a guy who built his own Ferrari in his basement from parts he made at work, something like 15 years and then had to knock the basement wall out to get it outside. On youtube somewhere.
I think if a person picked parts from a existing engine to build it from they would be able to pull it off faster.. and cheaper.
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.
    Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

My uncle once owned a 'Crosley' station wagon with a brazed together sheet-metal block, a nifty little car.

Look! a hole in the space-time continuum!
exnailpounder

ryanjames170 wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:That would be fun to make but there would be no time to get anything else done. I saw a video of a guy who built his own Ferrari in his basement from parts he made at work, something like 15 years and then had to knock the basement wall out to get it outside. On youtube somewhere.
I think if a person picked parts from a existing engine to build it from they would be able to pull it off faster.. and cheaper.
Agreed but this guy made every nut and bolt and body panel etc....his skills were beyond impressive. And the brilliant bastard has to fab it up in his basement cause he can't afford one while my wifes complete idiot boss owns 3 of 'em. Somethings wrong here :roll:
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I would not work for a man who owns three Ferraris, unless my wage would make a payment on one.

You know immediately what your value is to this "man".

Steve S
exnailpounder

Otto Nobedder wrote:I would not work for a man who owns three Ferraris, unless my wage would make a payment on one.

You know immediately what your value is to this "man".

Steve S
OMG Steve you wouldn't believe what these people make. I grew up with my wife's boss and his brothers and I really like the guy and I make ready alot of his offices and work in his home but he is as dumb as a brick and has more money than God. He is a mortgage broker and my wife underwrites for him. I have met most of his employees and most don't have an IQ of room temperature and they make HUGE money. My wife makes way north of 6 figures and she gets lost backing out of the driveway.
We are definitely in the wrong business. Filled to the rim with retards that make 6 figures....where did we go wrong?