General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
71dumper
    Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:07 am

Does anyone know the workings of a Airco DIP PAK 225? I picked up one recently and have a question about it's abilities. It has a migget spool gun for aluminum and a standard mig gun hooked up through a euro connector. Unit works for both of these although the mig wire feed motor does not always run. Still determining why. But my question is whether or not it can also stick weld? It has a looped positive feed on the front that appears once you disconnect, you just connect your stick cable assembly. But when I do so, nothing. No burn, not even a spark etc. Does not appear to have any switches external to make this work. Any ideas?? Thanks
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Not sure but the welding current may be controlled by a contactor that's only pulled in when you pull the trigger. Some welders have a switch to hold the contactor in if your not in mig mode.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
71dumper
    Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:07 am

I didn't realize how "rare" this welder must be. Info is virtually impossible to find online.
old dirt rider
    Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:54 am

I just bought the same welder last week and I was able to get the owners manual from esab
marjac79
    Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:59 pm

does anyone have a manual for the airco dippak 225? esab won't return my emails and by phone iam getting the run around.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/81530 ... ml?page=11

Think you might have to pay for it.
I have more questions than answers

Josh