General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Tommy2069
    Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:03 am

the local airgas welding supply store used to repair all my equipment for me but i just found out that the guy retired and they wouldn't give out his number. i have 4 hefty suit cases 1 is a hefty and the other 3 are hefty11's. we hooked them to a miller dialarc we bought and it fried the boards turns out the machine was pushing more amps than what it was suppose to. if any of you know a web sight or a repair guy who i can buy parts from it would really help me out.i have brand new contacts in all the boxs but i need two sets of boards two for each box the large board and the small board thanks in advenace for any and all help you can give me.
PeteM
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 am

I found this manual with the parts list. If your suitcase is the same and you have the part number, you can buy the board and install it. If it is not the same, most boards have the part number printed on them, and you can go that rout. I used to supply companies with control boards and whatnot so that they could do their own if they had a guy that was good at that. Be sure to check the return policy though.

http://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/59527 ... ml?page=42
Tommy2069

it's been over a year sinse he done work to them yes he was good infact he done all the work on just about every companies equipment in the area .he just got to the age where he told them he wanted to retire and just do woodworking in his shop at his house.the nearest guy now is on the other side of new orleans and thats about an 3 hour round trip thanks for the link the part numbers on the boards are on the bottom so i would have to take them out to get the numbers off them.i'll try to see if they didn't throw out the old boards yet and get the numbers off them.
Tommy2069

figured i would give an update as to how it's been going.we found out the miller hf had a hf leak in a capacitor and thats what done the damage to the suitcases so as you can guess we ain't hooking nuthing to that machine other than stick rods.the guy who retired got in touch with me and is in the process of going through his workshop to find some repaired boards.