General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
welder57
    Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:42 pm

i see a lot of folks list their equipment and i see the name everlast quite a bit. i have visited their website and talked with their reps and it appears their equip. is well-made and reasonably priced. any one care to comment on their equipment, good or bad
WILD BILL
    Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:03 pm

I have a 225 LX and have been quite happy with it. About the only wish I have about it is the pulse. The 225 only goes up to 25 pulses per second while the 250 EX has much more pulse capability.

I'm a newbie and teaching my self how to tig with nothing more than Jody's videos and these forums for guidance.

I've found the machine easy to understand and use and quite capable.

I did have one issue with it having an erratic arc and the customer support was great in helping me get ti sorted out. All it took to fix was setting the HF points gap and moving some wires that were laying on against a transformer.

So far I've been really pleased with my welder and the company.
Everlast 225LX
welder57

i called them about a powerarc 200 and the $$ was unbelievable. i'm a certified welder to api1104 code and i would be quite anxious to see how this little inverter performs. this would be for my own shop. at work i use strictly a miller 301d. this everlast machine has a special tap for 6010 rod which i use extensively at work. i have a miller econotig which will stick, but the arc isn't quite what you'd want in a stick machine. learning tig myself. bought a lincoln power mig 180 and its a blast. thanks for the input
GWD
    Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

I have the PowerArc 200 as do several others. It welds absolutely great with all rods. DC only if that is an issue.
welder57

usually if i run 6013 rod, i'll leave my work shop welder(lincoln idealarc 250) on DC anyway and it runs fine-an everlast rep actually made me quite an offer if i wanted to buy a new tig/stick model that they showed at a welding show if i agreed to write a review of the machine. as good as it sounded, i politely turned down the offer because i couldn't do the machine justice seeing that i was new to the tig procedure. probably regret that one. they seem like a genuine company as 0pposed to some of the import equipment i see on ebay all the time(chinese)-unfortunetly its getting hard to get good deals on the miller/lincoln stuff. i bought the power mig 180 as it had a $75 rebate or viking 700G hemet offer. went with the helmet. not bad. need to get a cheater installed though-old eyes!
Sarge

Welder57- If you DO want a Lincoln machine, you could contact a Lincoln rep. They usually have used Nascar machines with few hours in Cleveland. I tested The large 375 Tig Last year from there. Wished it had been in the budget at the time. :( Maybe this year? :D

We have never tried the Everlast. The owner says,"We are making our product in the USA and We will use USA made equipment." I like the Red, so that works for me. 8-)
Be Innovative.
Goal is perfection, but excellence is Acceptable.
Powermig 255C
Powermig 350MP x2
175 squarewave
Weld-pac 100
Hypertherm 600
Hypertherm 1250
welder57

i agree with the buy american product thing but after doing so on the power mig 180i buy lincoln i found out that it was assembled in mexico with some out of country parts. its like cell phones. american companies but not one made in the states.