General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
TurnNburn1x
    Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:10 am

Hello guys, I am new here and new to owning my own shop. I have been a pipe welder/fitter/fabricator/ironworker, for 20 yrs but never learned how and who to contact at the Paper mills, Power Plants, Chip and Saw mills...... in order to find out what jobs are available for the public to bid on. I've always been the welder, fitter or leadman to make the job happen, mainly concerned with the pride in workmanship and the ability to follow instructions or take the bull by the horns and engineer something myself.

Would someone please tell me or explain what I need to do and who I need to talk to in order to get work for my shop. This will help eliminate dependance on the general public and walkins for my sole source of income. Don't get me wrong I want to service the community also but I have a lot of Industrial fabrication experience in big industry applications and I hate to not take advantage something that I am familiar with just because I don't know who to contact and find what jobs are available.

Thanks for any advice, anything would be greatly appreciated.
CHEMA CARDENAS
    Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:54 am

YOU NEED TO REFER TO THE DEPARTMENT OF ACQUISITIONS FIRST LET THEM KNOW YOU EXIST, THEN TRY PRODUCTION DEPARTMENT OR MAINTENCE DEPARTMENT, LAST BUT NOT LEAST TRY

GOOD LUCK BEST REWARDS

A LITTLE BLUE BLOOD LOVER (MILLER)
TurnNburn1x
    Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:10 am

CHEMA CARDENAS wrote:YOU NEED TO REFER TO THE DEPARTMENT OF ACQUISITIONS FIRST LET THEM KNOW YOU EXIST, THEN TRY PRODUCTION DEPARTMENT OR MAINTENCE DEPARTMENT, LAST BUT NOT LEAST TRY

GOOD LUCK BEST REWARDS

A LITTLE BLUE BLOOD LOVER (MILLER)
Hey guy, sounds like a plan. Thanks and talk soon.....GT.