General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
dsegler
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:26 pm

I have a new Everlast EXT 255. I actually got it a year ago, just now getting it set up. It came with a WP-20 torch & it seems to have a problem or I am just doing something wrong. When I turn on the water pump, the water comes out the ports where the argon is supposed to come out. Does anyone know what might be the problem???

(:>((
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Someone connected the hoses wrong. Could have been them, could have been you. I don't envy the clean up job you have ahead of you. All traces of coolant need to be flushed out of the argon line and it needs to be bone dry.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

At least there is no "argon return line" that would have taken the mis-routed coolant back to the welder! :lol:

Just take it all apart, fill up your sink with warm water and dawn, and give the whole torch a good cleansing. Then connect the hoses correctly. The power cable can only go one place, but it's the other two, the coolant source hose and the argon hose, that can and did get mixed up.
FoxZulu
    Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:19 am

Oops :oops: Not as bad as gas coming out of the bath tap though :? And yes, I have seen it done.

I'm not familiar with the Everlast machine, I know for Miller and Lincoln the water line is a left hand thread, the gas is right hand, to prevent this problem.
Richard
Website