General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

SO about a month ago i ordered a 3600W genny made by CAT from Amazon.com becuase it was going to be a upgrade of about 20% more power but also keeping my weight about the same as my current unit.. thus keeping it more mobile.. sounds simple enough and it was also backed by a good brand name to boot!

anyhow the first one arived busted up as all can be.. the engine and alternator were totaly busted away from the frame.. so i sent it back for a new one.. took them about a week to get it and start prepping my new replacement.. took longer then it was suposed to but oh well...

today i got the new one,, well so i thought.. they sent the first one back to me as a replacement..

so i contacted them tonight.. sending it back for a refund.. not evan going to play the game with these bastards... getting my money back and going to get a AllPower 5000W unit from work..

the funny thing is they have payed UPS 2x to ship it back and FedEx 1 time to ship it to me and they are also refunding $553 to me..

bottom line.. TOTAL CRAP in terms of costumer care on Amazons Part.. Just BS..
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Seems to be a hit and miss de with their customer service.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Farmwelding wrote:Seems to be a hit and miss de with their customer service.
yeah i know.. sometimes u can get some good deals on there and other times u get screwed good..

totaly set me back as i was going to be getting this genny broke in by the time i was going to start using it.. as i have found it takes a good 25 hours to get them broke in.. i would just keeping using the one i got but its kinda not enough power for what i need.. but on the flip side what im going to get it will be almost double the power output to what i got now and should let me get the AHP welder to 140-160A on 220V..
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.