It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:33 am Advanced search

I like this guy, can we steal him?

General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.

Re: I like this guy, can we steal him?

Postby Otto Nobedder » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:20 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:You all must use a ton of acetone or something. It's like all of you have a ton of experience with the "cut finder" I have never had this issue. I usually find my cuts by getting some diesel, gas, oil, dirt, gravel, or my favorite grease- the dirt and grease darken everything except the cut-the cut is very vibrant and easily shown.

Brake and carb cleaner finds them too. Nothing is more of a nuisance than a metal sliver you don't know you have until you touch another piece of metal or put on gloves....then you can't get the damned thing out.


My old "college days" hemostats have a prominent place in my tool box just for removing such annoyances...

Steve S
User avatar
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 8346
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: Near New Orleans

Re: I like this guy, can we steal him?

Postby weldin mike 27 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:44 am

I know a guy who fell off his pushbike and ripped off his finger in some tram tracks.....even he is still annoyed by those little metal slivers.
User avatar
weldin mike 27
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm
Location: Australia; Victoria

Re: I like this guy, can we steal him?

Postby exnailpounder » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:34 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:You all must use a ton of acetone or something. It's like all of you have a ton of experience with the "cut finder" I have never had this issue. I usually find my cuts by getting some diesel, gas, oil, dirt, gravel, or my favorite grease- the dirt and grease darken everything except the cut-the cut is very vibrant and easily shown.

Brake and carb cleaner finds them too. Nothing is more of a nuisance than a metal sliver you don't know you have until you touch another piece of metal or put on gloves....then you can't get the damned thing out.


My old "college days" hemostats have a prominent place in my tool box just for removing such annoyances...

Steve S

I still have my roach cl....I mean hemostats too :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
exnailpounder
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 2461
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am
Location: near Chicago

Re: I like this guy, can we steal him?

Postby electrode » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:07 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:
My old "college days" hemostats have a prominent place in my tool box just for removing such annoyances...

Steve S

exnailpounder wrote:I still have my roach cl....I mean hemostats too :lol:



:o :lol:
electrode
Heavy Hitter
 
Posts: 414
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: I like this guy, can we steal him?

Postby Otto Nobedder » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:15 pm

We all have a past. No two alike, but often with similarities. I'm not ashamed of anything I've done. Stories and scars are similar creatures. Precious to who we've become, and better with each telling.

The older I get, the better I was.... 8-)

Steve S
User avatar
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 8346
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: Near New Orleans

Re: I like this guy, can we steal him?

Postby Farmwelding » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:You all must use a ton of acetone or something. It's like all of you have a ton of experience with the "cut finder" I have never had this issue. I usually find my cuts by getting some diesel, gas, oil, dirt, gravel, or my favorite grease- the dirt and grease darken everything except the cut-the cut is very vibrant and easily shown.

Brake and carb cleaner finds them too. Nothing is more of a nuisance than a metal sliver you don't know you have until you touch another piece of metal or put on gloves....then you can't get the damned thing out.


My old "college days" hemostats have a prominent place in my tool box just for removing such annoyances...

Steve S

Sorry but my youth and inexperience have just kicked in. What the he'll is hemostats? Again just young and dumb.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Farmwelding
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: I like this guy, can we steal him?

Postby WoodpeckerWelder » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Sorry but my youth and inexperience have just kicked in. What the he'll is hemostats? Again just young and dumb.[/quote]

Just think small surgical grade locking needle-nose pliers......
"Why is there never time to do anything right the first time but always time to do it again?"
User avatar
WoodpeckerWelder
Workhorse
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:08 am
Location: N Georgia USA

Re: I like this guy, can we steal him?

Postby Otto Nobedder » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:56 pm

"Hemostat" literally means "hold blood", and is a small, high precision surgical vascular clamp. They are very popular among potheads as "roach clips" to hold the very short remnant of a joint. They are very popular with me as they are also high-precision tweezers for removing the tiniest metal slivers.

Steve S
User avatar
Otto Nobedder
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 8346
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm
Location: Near New Orleans

Re: I like this guy, can we steal him?

Postby Poland308 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Got a set for my fishing kit. Works great to unhook fish that are hooked deep.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Poland308
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 2064
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm
Location: Iowa

Re: I like this guy, can we steal him?

Postby exnailpounder » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:"Hemostat" literally means "hold blood", and is a small, high precision surgical vascular clamp. They are very popular among potheads as "roach clips" to hold the very short remnant of a joint. They are very popular with me as they are also high-precision tweezers for removing the tiniest metal slivers.

Steve S

I think you just called me a pothead, I didn't know you could take slivers out with those things...I use tweezers :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
exnailpounder
Weldmonger
 
Posts: 2461
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am
Location: near Chicago

PreviousNext

Return to Welding Forum General Shop Talk