General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:41 am

Does anyone know when the Optrel Panoramaxx hoods will be available? Website says Spring.
Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I was looking at it, but it only goes up to shade 12. I like my 684 that goes from 5-13.
    Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 am

Still a prototype but coming very soon apparently. According to their Instagram post.

I like it over my Lincoln for two main reasons. Lenses are closer to the eyes so wider field of view with smaller glass so its like wearing glasses as opposed to looking out a porthole. Secondly the clear lens out front is curved and won't catch bb's when welding on your back under something or overhead etc.

Downside is I think it will cost a bomb. Is there are market for used 3350's :lol:
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing... Oscar Wilde
Proceidus
    Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:34 pm

https://www.mabo-weldingshop.com/epages ... cale=en_GB

That website says April 17th. However, this is the internet and without a primary source, I caution you to take that with a grain of salt.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Yikes. $400 is a little too much for me. My e684 it is. :)
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Oscar wrote:Yikes. $400 is a little too much for me. My e684 it is. :)
Yeah but sodas they are gonna cost $1000 and have more features than we could wrap our head around. I don't look forward to dropping $1000 for just a hood. Maybe if it had a papr than it would be worth a grand but well see. If nothing else I guess I'll start collecting passive shades
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:41 am

This is what I got from Optrel as of today July 5th 2017.
I know it will be hard for people who spend $400-$500 for a hood to be objective. I would like to know which of the top 3-4 hoods would be tops. Miller T94, Esab A50 Sentinel, Optrel panoramaxx, Speedglas 9100? Pro's cons, I currently use a Miller Digital Infinty. I dont like the headgear. The helmet does not want to stay in the up position. The little catch mechanism doesn't last more than a few months. I'm on my 3rd. Tried on a T94 and like the fit better. It seems lighter and although the headgear is the same maybe it would last longer on a lighter hood. Please add your remarks and experience on the above list.

This is what I got from Optrel Corporate as of today July 5th 2017.>>>Start at the bottom to read in sequence.

Hi Tom,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Our first incoming shipment has been held up at customs, because of an issue with another company's shipment in our shared container. Our goods have finally been released, and we're expecting them to arrive tomorrow.

First we'll ship our pending back-orders to customers and distributors, then we'll fill new orders as they come in.
Best regards

Christine Hauck
Optrel - Senior Marketing &
Operations Manager, Americas

Tel: +1 401 398 7240
Fax: +1 401 398 2740
mail to: christine.hauck@optrel.com

Web: http://usa.optrel.com

To: "christine.hauck@optrel.com" <christine.hauck@optrel.com>
Date: 07/01/2017 05:20 PM
Subject: RE: WG: Panoramaxx

Thought I would hear from someone by now.. what’s the scoop now?

From: christine.hauck@optrel.com [mailto:christine.hauck@optrel.com]
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2017 3:06 PM
To: Thomas

Hi Tom,

The US release date has been pushed back until around June 15. Here's the scoop:

Panoramaxx front cover lenses are built with a complex curve to help deflect heat, sparks, slag, etc. The first production run of cover lenses did not meet our optical standards, so we're replacing them with a higher quality lens before the helmets leave Switzerland.

We are producing custom magnifier lenses for the Panoramaxx in 1.0x, 1.5x, 2.0x and 2.5x diopters. I don't yet have pricing/lead time on those. Welders will be able to wear reading glasses under their helmets while waiting for the custom mag lenses.

Regards,

Christine Hauck
Optrel - Senior Marketing &
Operations Manager, Americas
5 Division Street, #35
East Greenwich, RI 02818
PH. 401-398-7240
FX. 401-398-2740

To: "christine.hauck@optrel.com" <christine.hauck@optrel.com>
Date: 05/08/2017 03:39 PM

Also.. Christine.. does the Panoramaxx allow for optical multiplier lenses? 1.5X, 2.0X how is that handled?

Tom

Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 12:12 PM
To: Thomas
Subject: Fw: WG: Panoramaxx

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your interest in the Panoramaxx helmet! Right now our best estimate for US availability is late April/early May.

I'll put you on the list of people to notify when the Panoramaxx is here. Feel free to check in anytime for an update.

When will it be Available in the US
Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Anyone going to buy this? I really like what I'm reading about this hood.
Richard
Website
    Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 am

Oscar wrote:Yikes. $400 is a little too much for me. My e684 it is. :)
Sales rep dropped past with some to demo.

What is striking about the 684 is the color reproduction. I was blown away how good it looked when used with tig.

After that a little dissapointed with the Panoramaxx. Yes field of view is amazing, light state is fantastic at 2.5. Everthing is great, but I kept going back to the 684. Shame they couldn't use that lense in the panoramaxx. Maybe the choice was 2.5 light state or optical clarity and they went with the former.

Don't get me wrong, both are amazing but you have to compromise it seems and at the price you shouldn't have to imo. If you sit all day at a bench on a pedal doing fine tig work the 684 it is. If you do all around fabrication on various stuff including grinding (easy grind button on the side of the hood, don't have to lift it off to change modes on either model) and want to be able to forget you are wearing a hood then go with the Panoramaxx. Either way definately worth a demo if you have a supplier in the area.
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing... Oscar Wilde

Rupes wrote:Sales rep dropped past with some to demo.

What is striking about the 684 is the color reproduction. I was blown away how good it looked when used with tig.

After that a little dissapointed with the Panoramaxx. Yes field of view is amazing, light state is fantastic at 2.5. Everthing is great, but I kept going back to the 684. Shame they couldn't use that lense in the panoramaxx. Maybe the choice was 2.5 light state or optical clarity and they went with the former.

Don't get me wrong, both are amazing but you have to compromise it seems and at the price you shouldn't have to imo. If you sit all day at a bench on a pedal doing fine tig work the 684 it is. If you do all around fabrication on various stuff including grinding (easy grind button on the side of the hood, don't have to lift it off to change modes on either model) and want to be able to forget you are wearing a hood then go with the Panoramaxx. Either way definately worth a demo if you have a supplier in the area.
Interesting, on Welding Supplies from IOC site the description for both hoods reads

"Similar to your new high definition television, the (Panoramaxx's) (e680) special HD lens provides the truest color on the market. Its Class 1 angular dependency allows welders to see the clearest, crispest view possible, enabling you to better concentrate and make your weld with more precision."

Went to Optrel's site and the product page is down.
Richard
Website