General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Tommy2069
    Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:03 am

i posted the problems i was having trying to get my miller hf to tig aluminum so the owner of the shop asked me what machine i would like to get to replace it.i told him get me an alph tig 200 well he messed up the order and bought a alph mig 200 when it came in i told him he had got the wrong machine so he taped it back up and put it in the office right where i can see it all day. he ordered the alph tig and it came in .well he walked up to me the other day and asked if he kept the mig could i find a use for it ?i told him man for the price you paid for it i would keep it so he did i gave it a good try out and that thing burns nice i didn't run any dual shield through it but as for mig it is pretty good. now keep in mind i'm the only person working in this shop so now i have a miller 251/252.millerhf /some other old miller that i can't even read what model on it i also have 2 miller 30amp spool guns for aluminum . i have two lincoln sa 200's for outside work in the yard. got a hypertherm plasma cutter but never use it other than on stainless jobs.he owns 50% of a pawnshop and wants me to go there to get any welding equipment they have in it . some of the stuff i will never use but i told him about this web site and that some of you guys might be interested in it. i will post some pictures of the stuff i get and if it's ok to sell it here just pm me .stay tuned.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I dont think you can sell that stuff here because its part of a business entity. I could be wrong though.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

You can certainly post things here:
http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... =2&t=11127

cj737 wrote:You can certainly post things here:
http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... =2&t=11127
Jody pulled that down about a week ago
Richard
Website
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Okay, maybe it's a "grey area", but you, as a member, offering to other members, things your employer considers surplus should certainly fit within the rules of the "classifieds" section of this forum. Clearly, it's not being sold for profit, but merely excess equipment to be disposed of. The intent of the rules in "classifieds" is to keep someone from using this forum as a commercial "for profit" free advertising space.

Steve S
Tommy2069
    Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:03 am

yea i wouldn't be selling it for a buisness it would be from 1 member to another.i can get the stuff from the pawn shop for what they pay for it what i was gonna do is if someone wants something i'll buy it from my boss and then sell it as if it was mine wich it would be if i buy it.