General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:You not bad....you know how to use all the different equipment to your advantage. 6013 snobs really are missing out.
:lol:

Yeah never understood those guys. There is a time and place for every consumable on the market. They made it for something didn't they so I may as well use it. 6013s were originally for sheet metal weren't they?
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Marketed as general purpose here in Aus. Just a nice smooth rod (when you get it right), with no special requirements,
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I'm probably breaking some sort of unspoken law. But I bought some Hobart 1/8 6013 just to try. Because at work I'm a 6010-7018 or tig on pipe guy. Now I have used almost all of the 10# I bought of the 6013, and I might buy a bigger container next time because there are a lot of times I want to add material for looks and not because it's needed for strength.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I just bought some 7014 for a specific job. but everything else i buy is 6013/12 although the quality of different brands causes a lot of peoples troubles.
Poleframer
    Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 am

Haha, I actually wasnt refering to using 6013 as my bad. It has its uses, I mostly stick with 7018, but keep that and 6011 as well. What I ment was hammering down weld beads to look like forge welds. Tho if ASKED I would admit the joints were stick welded.