General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

i have a detached garage and a attached garage i work out of
so my gremlin splits his time between the two. it gives me plenty
of un-needed exercise chasing him from shop to shop....
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Coldman wrote:It's a real problem. The way around it is to avoid putting things down. Develop a work method where everything has it's place even if it's a bucket that follows you. Tape measures can clip on your belt when away from it's place. Chalk is a pain so I keep chalk all over the place so there is always a piece handy.

Sent using Tapatalk
I tried that a few times and end up looking all over the shop just to realize what I am looking for is in my hand. I have already tried to put reading glasses over the ones already on my face. :lol:
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

So it's not just me? Phew

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Popeye the old miner
    Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Most of the time I work out of the back of my truck, so the gremlins live in the tool boxes or in the engine compartment of the truck... so one day me and the fella that owned the mine where I was workin was gonna tack up a few chunks of old cutting edge on the side of a trakhoe bucket for wear bars and plate

So Dave is holdin this 60 some pound chunk of iron on his knees while I go to tack weld it,... no go no weld hood and it is too big to tack without a hood...Hang on a minute Dave I gotta git my hood....Popeye this damn thing is gittin heavy git yer hood and tack this thing...Where the hell is it?....I don't know you had it last...It aint on the truck or in any of the boxes...Oh hell I'm putting this thing down til you find it...OK...Ill be damn its gotta be around here somewhere, it aint like it has legs or or wings...well shit where is it at, Popeye?...Damifino...about 30 minutes later...weldin hood falls down over my eyes...Hey Dave I found it....Go figure...I didn't feel so bad since the boss was lookin for it with me :lol: I remember the conversation like it was yesterday.

And I was a young fella then...these days I have CRS...Cant Remember Shit...except for dumb shit like the time I lost my weld hood
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

Coldman wrote:So it's not just me? Phew

Sent using Tapatalk
+ 1 !