General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Popeye the old miner
    Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:29 pm

This is a pin boss on a PC 4000, took 3 pieces of old cutting edge and welded it on the top, bottom and the front side, back side didn't need it as it doesn't wear very much. Then built a deflector and put it on angle to protect it. If the pin boss wears off the keeper falls out, the keeper falls out you might mess up the pin, mess up the pin to bead the bucket binds up or falls out, either of these things happen you have a very unhappy shovel operator.

I rebuilt the bottom corner below this pin about 3 or 4 weeks ago, what a mess that was to get all the mud, dirt, and chunks of tore up iron out of it, so I spent all of a Saturday and most of Sunday rebuilding it to make it looks like it does now. Turned around and did the same thing to other side of the bucket the next weekend.
Attachments
Picture0401171437_1.jpg
Picture0401171437_1.jpg (49.9 KiB) Viewed 366 times
Picture0401171435_1 (2).jpg
Picture0401171435_1 (2).jpg (56.95 KiB) Viewed 366 times
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Nice! I love creative solutions to everyday problems. (That's not an everyday problem to most of us, but it seems to be for you.) I have a facebook friend who does this on similar heavy equipment in the gold fields of Ghana who could certainly relate.

Steve S