General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Poland308 wrote:http://www.criticaltool.com/majestic-61 ... aQodKSQOZQ

Ball sack burn prevention.
They work with chainsaws to?
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Farmwelding wrote:
Poland308 wrote:http://www.criticaltool.com/majestic-61 ... aQodKSQOZQ

Ball sack burn prevention.
They work with chainsaws to?
What are you doing with your chainsaw that you are afraid of ballsack damage? I have heard of people starting chainsaws while they hold them with their legs,,you put the motor between your legs..not the bar! I value my balls and don't need a leather Speedo to protect them....Gosh these threads really go off topic don't they?? :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding

I was referring to chaps for cutting trees in case you slip the saw into your leg. It binds and stops the saw so you don't cut your leg.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Nick
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

If you got got a saw that will bind up because of a little leather then you need a better chain saw.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
exnailpounder

Farmwelding wrote:I was referring to chaps for cutting trees in case you slip the saw into your leg. It binds and stops the saw so you don't cut your leg.
I like to wear my assless chaps when I feel "frisky" and have my wife chase me around the house with jar of lube and some Ben Wa balls...they sell chaps for wood cutters? :lol:
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:I was referring to chaps for cutting trees in case you slip the saw into your leg. It binds and stops the saw so you don't cut your leg.
I like to wear my assless chaps when I feel "frisky" and have my wife chase me around the house with jar of lube and some Ben Wa balls...they sell chaps for wood cutters? :lol:
Aaaaaand off the rails it went :lol:
if there's a welder, there's a way
exnailpounder

Olivero wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
Aaaaaand off the rails it went :lol:
No :lol:

exnailpounder wrote:I like to wear my assless chaps when I feel "frisky" and have my wife chase me around the house with jar of lube and some Ben Wa balls...they sell chaps for wood cutters? :lol:
Too much information :lol:
Richard
Website
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

exnailpounder wrote:
...umm, aren't all chaps assless? Otherwise they would be pants.... 8-) :D
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Farmwelding

MinnesotaDave wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
...umm, aren't all chaps assless? Otherwise they would be pants.... 8-) :D
Thank goodness for Dave... The voice of reason and of logic and making awful things better
Nick
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Redacted

*This page intentionally left blank.*
Last edited by MinnesotaDave on Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Farmwelding wrote:So the AWS and all the other organizations go through a process to develop a code or standard or procedure to follow for welding. What kind of time frame does it take to develop a process or code? How many pants have to be lit on fire until we realize that that is the wrong way to stick weld overhead? What kind of work is involved in the development? What kind of work is involved? I appreciate those who do it to better the industry and projects and construction. Just a thought from my brain in English.

In an attempt to right this wreck, I'll tell you that we're about to qualify procedures at work, to support WPSs. Okay, "I'm" about to qualify procedures, as I seem to be the only one in the shop that can pass ASME IX. This is not too different from developing the codes. We have an engineering firm involved, as well as a testing facility, and all our materials must be traceable. I will have to weld two coupons for each proposed procedure, one in groove configuration, one fillet. These will be sent to be bent, and on a pass we will have PQRs (Process Qualification Records) to cite on our WPSs.

I'll share more of the process as it develops.

Steve S
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

A (any) code will not help you in anyway until you can learn to weld properly. Thats why they don't teach beginners ASME IV

PS, Jeff. I actually made that ballsack meme on a Friday night a few years ago for my facebook page.
exnailpounder

weldin mike 27 wrote:A (any) code will not help you in anyway until you can learn to weld properly. Thats why they don't teach beginners ASME IV

PS, Jeff. I actually made that ballsack meme on a Friday night a few years ago for my facebook page.
:lol: I found it somewhere and had it in a file...I like that one. You're famous Mick!
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

It's a gift. lol. I've got quite a few floating around the web. Other facebook groups steal them like all get out.