General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Made these (out of wood :oops: ) years ago before or right after I bought my SW250DX. I have since added more tubes to both ends of one of them (not shown) as I am a tig filler hoarder. :lol:
DSCF0513.jpg
DSCF0513.jpg (46.54 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
Dscf2891r.jpg
Dscf2891r.jpg (68.7 KiB) Viewed 1047 times
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

rahtreelimbs wrote:I made these at a cost of about 2 to 3 dollars a piece. I cut my rods down to 18 inches.......i don't like welding with the long rods.

I had a guy at work cut the holder out using a CBC machine......i then bent it up on the company brake.

How often do you grease them? (grease gun is handy) :lol:
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

You guys put me to shame :lol:
if there's a welder, there's a way
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Olivero wrote:You guys put me to shame :lol:
Me too.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Mine are just in boxes or tubes laying on the shelf with sharpie on the saying what it is :lol:
if there's a welder, there's a way
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

Good onya guys.
Now I have another first world problem to address.
Seems ignorance can be bliss :D
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Olivero wrote:Mine are just in boxes or tubes laying on the shelf with sharpie on the saying what it is :lol:
I just refill the old shitty plastic tubes that rod comes in...my 70s2 storage is the 10# cardboard box it came in. I suppose if NASA ever called me to come and take a weld test, the tester would punch me in the face for rod abuse but in everyday life I don't have too many problems 8-)
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I just lean the plastic container against the wall and jerk it up when I want another rod and grab as they all launch up.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick