General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:08 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:...and that's why I like Sirius/XM and the public radio. Unlike the classic rock station, or the hick-hop station, I will hear at least two songs I've never heard before every damn day.

I don't understand guys who listen to the classic rock station every day. It's the same handful of songs I've already heard 50K times, over and over. Then, it's interlaced with ads for weight loss and pecker pills.

Steve S
At work, we listen to everything from Alison Krause to Rob Zombie. It is not unusual to hear bluegrass, dub-step, old school funk, heavy metal, country and folk on the same day.
"Why is there never time to do anything right the first time but always time to do it again?"
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I've seen Bonamassa in concert twice.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
electrode
    Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

I used to play the radio. Now I usually play the 300 disk CD player. ;)
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

WoodpeckerWelder wrote:
At work, we listen to everything from Alison Krause to Rob Zombie. It is not unusual to hear bluegrass, dub-step, old school funk, heavy metal, country and folk on the same day.

I'd fit right in, then. If you look through the CDs in my truck, you'd find Queensryche, Five for Fighting, Linda Ronstadt, and Neil Diamond, and many others that don't seem to belong together. I seldom play them since I installed the satellite radio, but once in a while I remember what I spent on them and blow the dust off.

Steve S
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Poland308 wrote:I've seen Bonamassa in concert twice.
Haven't been to a Bonamassa concert, but have seen a few broadcast on MTVLive channel. Next time he plays a festival in New Orleans, I might just go. I hate going into the city during festivals, though. The way these people drive gives new meaning to "population density"... :lol:

Steve S
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

One of the venues I saw him at only seats about 700. And I got front row. He puts on an awesome show.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

i stream to Pandora form my cell. you pick a station ( performer or band) and
you will hear similar music and new music as well.
i can't deal with FM crap.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
    Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:29 am

I'm a master guitar...amp builder. Monster 100 watt tube amps so loud they will hurt you :o
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Coolidge wrote:I'm a master guitar...amp builder. Monster 100 watt tube amps so loud they will hurt you :o
you build them from the ground up, or modify existing tube amps? I'm looking into buying a couple of Marshall 100w heads.
    Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:29 am

I scratch build mine from the ground up, hybrid turret/PCB .125 thick, plated through holes. I just build for fun I don't sell amps, I donated the last batch I built to some worthy musicians. You could try building your own Marshall from a kit its not that hard. Scratch building is more work and more expensive, depends how OCD you want to get. Just the components for my amps cost more than a store bought Marshall JVM 410h.

One of my planned projects, a figured hard wood TIG welded framed head cabinet. :twisted:

Below are the boards for a SLO 100 style 3 channel amp, 6L6 100 watt.

Preamp board

Power supply board