General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:24 pm

PeteM wrote:
Olivero wrote:
PeteM wrote:
Nothing like a toddler hugging your leg in the middle of a 350lb. squat! :o
Dude..... :lol:

Lets see just how long you can hold that bar with one leg as you move him away with one foot :lol:
That wasn't even the bad part. We use a rack for squats.

When he grabbed and tried to hang off of the collar while I was dead lifting was the bad part.

Me- "Eric, grab him, would ya?"

Lifting Partner "Oh Sh*T!"

The little bugger is good now though. He has two 5 lb. dumbells that he runs around with doing farmers walks with.

Haha, that's awesome. :D
if there's a welder, there's a way

Rhyno21 wrote:"Postby Olivero » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:12 am
Nothing wrong with lifting stuff, just don't overdo it. They might now you as the one guy that lifts everything at work but 20 years from now, they'll know you as the dumbass who lifted everything at work and can't walk straight anymore."
Yes I agree currently with school and my apprenticeship taking a lot of my time I have not been able to workout. I won't be the guy getting dragged of the weights as I did track and field 100 yard dash and shot out and discus throwing. I know my stuff with weights at the gym.
Welding and metal working in general will give you strength, I am not saying you have to go to the Gym, just don't lift shit if you don't have to.
Rudy Ray
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

I guess Miller didn't pay attention to the OSHA regulations when they made their Suitcase "portable wire feeder". It's got to weigh 40 lbs alone, then add a 33 lb spool of wire and a 15 lb torch and carry that up a ladder into a crawl space dragging the welding leads behind you.

Maybe when I was 35, but I'm approaching 50 and it's getting harder.
Rhyno21
    Tue May 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Well I understand Olivero. Just doing a double sided V groove 8 grooves in total. 1/4 or 3/8 plate between and it takes all my strength to hold it at waist or chest height.
Hot rods and burning matal by day

Well, there you go.